Western Tennessee

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by TNAngler, Jun 20, 2007.

1. TNAngler

TNAngler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Can anyone recommend some good bank fishing spots in Western TN...I live in Memphis. Also, I have a daughter in a wheelchair that loves to come with so areas that would allow me to bring her would be great.
    Thx

2. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Jason, welcome to the Tenn. catfishing thread and the BOC. I live in Middle Tenn. so I can't help you with any bankfishing locations around Memphis. Try the Mississippi catfishing thread, local Mississippi talk, and then the World class Mississippi river fishing topic. There are a good bunch of guys on that thread that fish mostly the Miss. river, but they can help you locate some good bankfishing spots I'm sure. Good luck!

3. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Jason, welcome to the BOC. I lived in Memphis for over 30 years and there aren't too many places like you are needing to fish from. Just off the top of my head, you might want to try Herb Parsons Lake out close to Eads and Shelby Forest is a good place with docks you and your daughter can fish from. I can't remember if Lakeview has a dock or not but is a nice place to fish. Maybe someone else will come along here soon and make some other suggestions. We are glad to have you with us.

4. Gomer

Gomer New Member

State:
    ladson,sc
    JASON I live in Charleston,SC now but I grew up just south of Jackson,Tenn. You might contact the (dnr or wildlife resource) office and I'll bet they'll be more than helpful with any info you need on docks or landings that might handle handicap fishing.

5. Catwagon

Catwagon New Member

State:
    Justin, TX
    Just go find a current TWRA rule booklet at Wallyworld or a sporting goods store. This year they've added a huge new section in the back that features statewide opportunities for bank fishing and whether or not they're handicap accesible as well.
    They did real good with it. =)

Steve

6. jonnnyboy

jonnnyboy New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Jason, greetings from the other corner of Tennessee. I live up north of you near Reelfoot and wondered if it would be too far of a drive for you. We do alot of fishing for catfish from the docks at the state parks and boat ramps on Reelfoot. They are easily accesible by wheelchair and the fishing is usually good. Bring an umbrella, cooler and a couple of poles and have a blast! All catfish baits work well in Reelfoot, though I have had excellent results with cut shad, nightcrawlers and skipjack if you can get them.

Blessings, J

7. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Jason, welcome to the B.O.C., best catfishing community on the planet

8. scuffy

scuffy New Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    Hi There,
    I live in middle TN, but my inlaws are in Brighton north of Memphis. We have found a TWRA lake near Millington close to Drummonds. You can look at the TWRA site for info and directions. The name is Glenn Springs Lake.

Steve