Western PA gathering

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by bigpapa15206, Oct 4, 2005.

1. bigpapa15206

bigpapa15206 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh
    I would like to have a western PA gathering. please post here if interested

2. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Phil, keep me posted and let me know if I can help. I'm only 90 minutes south of you.

3. bigpapa15206

bigpapa15206 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh
    Anyone who will participate, post in this thread. If you have ANY suggestions post them please. I really wanna have a gathering before it is to cold. Sorry Elf but PA only :p ........ jus kidding

4. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Well, being that I lived in PA longer than you've been alive, I'm overriding that call, lol Phil . :p

Just let me know when and where you want to do it, there is another WV member close by me who might want to go. I have no suggestions at this time, you know the PGH fishing spots better than me. Any ideas?

5. bigpapa15206

bigpapa15206 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh
    It depends on how many people are goin, but we can go the the spot I fish almost everday(which happens to be the same spot the state record was set and broken several times) but everyone will ahve to wear blindfolds on the way.

6. bigpapa15206

bigpapa15206 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh
    o well i tryed. I guess its just me and elf. More fish for us!

7. brew

brew New Member

Well, if your serious I'm game on the right day. My parents live like about 2 hrs south in bedford. I could swing it one weekend.

8. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I would try to make it depending on when your going. Any tenative date yet?

9. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Now Phil you knew I was be there didn't you c'mon! We having it at lock 2? would be better when they put that park in :p

Did you really thik I would leave my BOC brother and sisters hanging?

What about the on the Ohio towards beaver? This way we might get some people from Ohio too!(praying for tea to stay away j/k) The ohio holds some great flattys. And you can always almost always go into the beaver and gets some channels and maybe a flat.

Promblem with lock 2 is that there are always a ton of people thier! And were can people stay? I mean there would be no point for me to stay, but maybe Jen and Scott would wana stay somewhere not to say there nothing around but I think the Ohio would be better! The ohio might be closer for Jen. Also maybe Baitkiller and Wolfman(I'm not speaking for them but they might be interested) would try and come. Since this area were talking about is only about 4-5 miles from where the ohio goes into WV(think it's WV?)

Ofcourse wherever we go I will probally follow. But one thing is for sure we gotta get this thing moving if we wana have it this year.

Alrightyyyyyyyyy so lets get to picking a location! Who votes for what??

Phil is the chairman. I vote for you! Ofcourse I will be here to help you out!

He still makes me where a blindfold thier. Phil but what happens if all them people come like they do every saturday night? It's like the walleye guys roll in then leave then the catters roll in no room for us! :crying:
    Cya all thier :rock-big::grin-big:

10. bigpapa15206

bigpapa15206 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh
    well josh hows this kitty look. I dont know many other cat spots around here so i dont have any suggestions right now. That y i said we can go to my spot depending on how many people are gonna show up. I am all for any spot as long as it is a day my girl works, lol. If we have a group of 8 or more then lock 2 will NOT be best post some sugg. spots and we can vote on it

Attached Files:

11. Gone fishin 4 kittys

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Well when did you go and do that!?!?!?!? HUH? Tell me. Your right thoe depending on how many people go maybe we can do it at lock 2... Ok Let's set a date how about next saurday??

12. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Hey whats up Bigpoppa! My name is Mark Smith i have caught the and released the 2 biggest flatheads over the last 2 years in PA with the biggest being 40#s . Do you fish the allegheny or ohio i fish the mon mostly pull thirty pounders reguarlly. REply if you can.

13. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    What nind of bait are you guys using i use all live bait some up to sixteen inches the bigger the bait the better i sent a picture to the fish commision of a 20 pound dlathead they i had snagged in its mouth still alive was a 14 inch hickory shad what an awesome sight all the people that say catfish are garbage eaters dont have a clue anyone know how i can use my pictures here

14. Gone fishin 4 kittys

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Me and bigpappa have been looking for shad, been hard for me. I have been using liver and shad. I used some shiners last night and didn't get a single bite, was cold too...

15. Gone fishin 4 kittys

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Hey Bigpappa where you at last night? I coulda used a partner!

16. bigpapa15206

bigpapa15206 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh
    family affair, you know

17. Gone fishin 4 kittys

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    aww one of them.. Hate them!!!

Phil what do you thinking about hooking up with catchinhogs?

18. brew

brew New Member

well I can help out in the shad department, cast netting quite a few lately have been doing well with the hybrid stripers on them. Lost a nice catty right at shore on one tonight.

19. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I would possibly be interested......I live in Ohio.....about 2 hours from pittsburg I think.

20. the_nis

the_nis Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania