Western Movie

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catoon, Feb 7, 2009.

1. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    what is your favorite western movie? mine is unforgiven .how about yalls?

2. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    Right now I gota go with THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY.

3. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    By The way Richard, which one did you like BEST, Bert Lancaster Or Clint.

4. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I like (Unforgiven) with Clint Eastwood. (Young Guns)1 & 2 are good as well as (" Tombstone ") Lots of favorites!!!!!:wink:

5. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    clint all the way ace

6. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    None of the costumes seem to fit the time period as well as all of Tom Selleck and Sam Elliot's. I don't know of a western where they really didn't dress the part and walk the walk as these two always do.

7. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    True Grit & Rooster Cogburn :cool2:, Outlaw Josey Wales and the Good the Bad and the Ugly are right up there to.

8. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I would totally agree with any of these picks.

9. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    I agree with that, any Sackets, most any well OK ALL of them, LOL.... but I do like 3:10 to Yuma, The good one, with Glenn :wink:
    Sure would be nice if Holly-weird would get back on that kick and make some good movies

10. centexcop

centexcop New Member

State:
    Texas
    My all time favorite is Rio Bravo. It's hard to beat John Wayne. I really like He and Dean Martin paired up in this one. El Dorado is almost the same movie with a few different characters. I like most of the John Wayne movies, and actually just finished watching The Alamo. If I had to choose a couple of modern day made movies, it would be Lonesome Dove and Dances with Wolves.

11. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Anything with the cowboy with no name......

12. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I don't have an ALL-TIME favorite western.....or anything for that matter. There are SO many good ones, in all categories.

BUT, when I saw this thread and the title, I immediately thought of John Wayne. Clint is GREAT, and did a wonderful job directing and acting in "Unforgiven"......but you can't beat the oldies, IMO.

My picks are a l'il different from most I suppose, far as John goes. I DO like "The Green Berets", but some others I like are "The Sons of Katie Elder" (I think Dean was in that too Joey?), "The Cowboys", "The Sands of Iwo Jima", "McClintock", and the one where John plays a bar owner on an island in WWII, what's the name of that? It's escaping me right this minute!

13. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'm leaning towards "Blazing Saddles"...:smile2:

14. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    The magnificent seven..... Really i have no favorite just because i LOVE all the old westeren's

15. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Last Train from Gun Hill with Kirk Douglas, Anthony Quinn, and Carolyn Jones.

Duel in the Sun with Jennifer Jones, Lillian Gish, Joseph Cotten, Gregory Peck, Lionel Barrymore, and Butterfly McQueen. A very controversial film in it's time.

More current movies?
    Lonesome Dove with Robert Duvall, Tommy Lee Jones, Robert Urich, Danny Glover

Tombstone with Val Kilmer--enuff said!

Open Range--With Robert Duvall, Kevin Costner, Annette Bening. Directed by Costner.

Unforgiven Directed by Clint Eastwood. With Clint Eastwood, Gene Hackman, Morgan Freeman. Eastwood said in an interview I heard that he bought the rights to this movie years before he made it. The screen play to that movie was written in 1976 and the movie released in 1992.

Like most of ya, I can't pick a favorite! Just can't do it! But these are a few that I don't like to miss!

16. billyum2

billyum2 New Member

State:
    Topeka,ks
    I would have to say there isn't one all time favorite I really like the westerns.

Most recently saw Appaloosa and thought it was great.

One that I have almost wore out is (The quick and the dead ) with Sharon Stone

17. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    The outlaw Josey Wales, and 2 Mules For Sister Sara

18. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'll vote for Cher, she listed all my favorites.:wink:

19. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Once again I like em all. John Waynes-
    True grit,Rio bravo,El dorado,Big Jake,Mcclintock,sons of Katie Elder etc
    Clints movies outlaw Josey wales,good the bad and the ugly,High plains drifter,Two mules for sister Sarah,For a few dollars more,fist full of dollars,Unforgivin then the series rawhide etc. Guys they are the tag team champions of the world!!!!!!!!

20. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I like most of you have said any movie with the Duke or Clint and most any western will get my attention