West Side Meet - This Weekend!

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by ste6168, May 12, 2009.

1. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Alright, I was wondering about this last night and Justin bumped the original thread so I figured I would create one last thread here before it happens. ONLY post here if you are planning to come for sure! Also, if you are planning on coming, give us some more info (ie: what time/day, if your bringing any food/drinks, pulling a boat, staying all weekend/just the evening, etc).

The date is set for May 15, 2009 (this Friday) @ 6:00pm on the South Shore in Morraine State Park. (see Jolie's attached map's for further confusion of location).

I am planning on taking the day off on Friday and will be heading up hopefully around 1:00pm. I will probably take some hot dogs/buns and maybe some hot sausage. I am going to make some Jerky for the weekend also. I will most definitely have a case or two of beer and some soda also. If I buy the boat in time I may also pull it up, although as it sits now it doesn't have a motor capable to being ran on Lake Arthur (anyone have a >20hp motor for sale, or one that I could borrow for the weekend :wink:). Hope we get a good turnout, I think it will be a great weekend!

2. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I,ll be there.Is that the area where the swimming beach is on the south shore?

3. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I am not totally sure. I am going to find that location on the GPS and input it. I figure if I drive around the whole lake I will eventually find it :wink:. Glad to see at least ONE other person will be there. What happened to everyone else?? :confused2:

4. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    I will be there too. Not sure of what time. If Jason gets back to me we might plan a trip out to the river thursday night if anyone else is interested.

5. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i hope you guys have a dry weekend and a great time:wink:

6. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

I,m gonna try getting up there about 2 or 3 pm.Got my wife ,brother,& nephew coming with me.Hope I find the right place.I drive a white dodge van with catfish decals on both sides & steeler emblems on the backdoors.I,ll stop where it,s supposed to be first ,then I gotta load up my bait bucket for the night,then I,ll be back.I,ll have my coolers packed with pop.Gonna bring food,but probaly won,t eat til I,m set up and fishing.If anybodys looking for a rod,I,m bringing 2 -8ft uglycat baitcasting rods with me.$20 apiece.:crazy::eek:oooh::big_smile::tounge_out::smile2::cool2:pM me ahead of time if your looking for a rod.

7. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    Yeah while were at it we could turn it into a little swap meet too. If anyone has anything they want to unload bring it up. Im always in the market for more hooks.

8. moose22dog

moose22dog New Member

State:
    YINZERBURGH,PA
    good luck guys i wish i was going but this weekend is our kayak trip we take every year down to wv on the south branch of the potomac. hope you hook in to some nice channel's they are diff there. maybe we can do another one in the summer, hit one of the three rivers for some flats.:big_smile: this year i'm going to try for some channels and carp, in the past we have seen some monster carp in there. like 20-30lber no shit just huge carp. there got be some some big channel also we know some holes that are around 30ft deep. well good luck and hope you guys get a nice turn out, either way i'm sure it will be a good time... tight lines justin :cool2:

9. PaCatfishHunter

PaCatfishHunter New Member

State:
    Greensburg, PA
    Tomsfishing4 and I will be there. He is picking me up after he is off work on friday. Were shooting for 6pm but he may have a better idea on the time.

10. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Thats a great idea. If I have anything I would like to get rid of ill bring it up. Hooks are always a good investment! This looks like it should turn out to be a good time. Also, I am in for a river trip tomorrow night. Where do you think you will be heading? No boat here yet, so bank fishing is a must for me :angry:.

11. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    Dont know where on the river yet. Jason said that he would be coming down to fish the river thursday, so I was figuring on my usual spots from #6 north. I know you usually fish south, but the only spot I can get to without getting miserably lost is HPD. Im still trying to get the last of the minor things done to the boat for the meet but if I get it completely ready tommorrow, which I should, I will mostly likely be gettin it wet tomorrow night. I want to try out the new fishfinder and make sure everything is working ok before the meet. I was thinking of a spot that is kinda in the middle and that I can find while hauling the boat and not get lost in suburbia haulin the frickin thing. Im thinkin the launch at springdale is the best choice, but if your interested in goin, let me know if that works for you or if you have a better suggestion.

12. Fishing Addict

Fishing Addict Member

State:
    Spring Church, Pa
    It turns out that I got to work on friday, more free overtime. so I wont be able to make it. But Im goin to try the river this weekend probabaly Lock #6 not sure which side though. Good luck at arthur guys.

13. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I was just looking at the Morraine State Park section on the DCNR website and it says the park closes at sunset. Are we going to be able to fish after dark? or do they come around and kick everyone out?

14. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

NO-AS long as your fishing they aren,t going to bother you.I fish there a lot of nights and there are a lot of others on shore and out in boats.The park rangers or the waterways guys come down and BS with us a lot.One word of warning,they have the whole park posted No alcoholic beverages allowed,they seem to like to enforce this after dark.:eek:oooh:

15. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

Hey,I,m heading up now 1:30.I,m gonna try and find everybody later.If we get our wires crossed and can,t hook up,I,m going to be fishing at the McDaniels launch area on the handicapped fishing deck.See you later hopefully.Thats in the north shore.:big_smile::tounge_out::big_smile::tounge_out::big_smile:

16. Dmcsa1201

Dmcsa1201 New Member

State:
    Shaler/Pit
    Yesterdays meet only consisted of Me, Mike, Justin, Pat and his family. Pat showed up earlier then the rest of us! Me and mike showed up around 5 and met up with pat and his wife had caught a really nice LM Bass when we were pulling up:big_smile:. Justin showed up about 6 or so. We fishing for a while and so forth and mike hooked up with a small channel cat which was the only successful cat caught for the BOC meet:big_smile:. So it wasnt skunked. HAHA, later around 930-10 me justin and mike moved on to another spot down by the 528 launch to see if we could get something going. I then hooked into a really nice big musky:big_smile:(not knowing what it was at the time). So Not nowing he was on my rod because He didnt rip out drag but swam in towards shore and to the right that took out justins rod. So we thought he had a fish.. So reeling in the fish i got him up to shore and thats when we seen it was a big musky..(first one i ever seen and woulda been the first one i ever caught) Not having a net and the fish in reaching distance he broke me off!:crazy::angry::angry:.. We fished up untill 4am then packed it up. Overall it was a good time with some good laughs with some good people. Id hope to meet up again but i suggest some river fishing if it comes down to another meet.

17. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

I,d rep you but I,m out till tommorow!Gotta agree with you on that river idea.:wink:

18. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    Kinda sucked we only had 4 members show up but it was a good time. The weather was perfect and the water was nice and calm, except when the morons in the boats flooded us. Kinda sucked too that we only got 1 cat between the 4 of us but the musky kinda made up for that (and saved me from lookin like an idiot sayin we should go to the 528 area). It was a good musky, prolly pushin 40" and the FIRST time I have ever heard of a musky bein caught on a dead gill.

19. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

Thank God Mike saved us from getting skunked.

20. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

You know it was a bad day when you got 4 BOC brothers fishing for cats and the wifes bass ends up being big fish of the day.Now I gotta hear her gloat until I get back out again.:angry: