west point on the ohio river

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by Steve Douglas, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    sat. nov.10th well i had the river all to myself again i didnt see another boat all day allthough i had heavy barge traffic hmmm. i guess everybody was deer huntin. fish bit most all day i caught lots of 10 -12lbers caught several 20-25 lb range and of course these heavier fish in the pics, i didnt have scales on me so i can only guesstamate..i think my bigest to go 70ish i think the others will do 35 to 45ish, i semed to find fish everywhere i fished , i was using big chunks of skippjack in about 35 to 50 ft. of water in the blowouts ,deeper water produced the larger fish,

Attached Files:

2. Steve Douglas

State:
    Kentucky
    Here is one more.

Attached Files:

3. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Sounds like I need to go fish'n down your way Steve. You seem to be having a great week!!!

4. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    what a good day i was out saturday morning. pulled up to the first hole i was gonna fish noone was there so we set up. about 2-3 hours later we were catching a few here and there and it almost seemed like a paylake. the boats just started piling in on us. we was fishing in the center of 4 or 5 ohter catfisherman, and bass fisherman almost felt like a was on a pay lake. had a great day still caught my PB blue 20lb . congrats on the monster fish u have been catching

5. Steve Douglas

State:
    Kentucky
    the fish in pic 2 .was a big lean and long ,young ,still growing fish ,i beleive this fish has the genetics to become a 100lber some day he put up a better fight than that 82lber i caught last week

6. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Steve,
    You are definitely on the gas right now...W

7. Skipjack

Skipjack New Member

State:
    LaGrange, Ky.
    I fished a small tourney at Madison, Ind. Saturday with Mike (Ruger 454). The fishing was slow. The wind was out of the East up to 10 mph. We managed to get 3 blues 12-15 lb and several smaller flatheads. Most of our fish came from the deeper side of the ledges 30-40' deep on fresh cut Skipjack. We did well enough to place second with 5 fish at 54.4 lb

8. Steve Douglas

State:
    Kentucky
    what tournament were you fishin ? i like the madison area

9. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Steve, Dave was fishing against us in the tournament. We were fishing exclusively out of the Milton KY ramp, but one of the members prefered the Madison IN ramp, so now we fish from there. Oh, by the way my partner and I had a terrible day with two fish around five pounds. Vern

10. Ducati Monster

Ducati Monster New Member

State:
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Yeah, you're still rollin' strong. Keep up the good work, must have been a blast.

You're right about us hunting... Had a good weekend. My father got his frist buck in 6 years. I got a buck on day 2... Guess we're better hunters than cat-men.

11. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    hey vern what happened to all those monsters ur were catchin ... they not in their homes anymore?

12. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    He soremouthed them, so the wouldn't bite on tournament day, LOL!!!

13. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Yep. Vern

14. Catfishhunter

Catfishhunter New Member

State:
    Lanesville, In.
    River is rising and the fish ought to be biting. I'm putting in at Salt River Sat. morning to try and catch some of those Big Blues Steve has been catching. If ya'll are out Sat. look for a 21' a Beige Sylvan deep vee. and give me a holler...

15. Catfishhunter

Catfishhunter New Member

State:
    Lanesville, In.
    Put in today at Greenwood and took a friend that just started catfishing and we caught some fresh bait. As of 5:00 Pm we had only caught 5 small ones the biggest being 13 lbs. Saved my best hole for the last payed out. At the time his PB was a 8 lb'er. The 13 lb'er was his next pb., then he caught a 35 lb'er.. He was so excitied and so was I. I enjoy taken people that don't get to catfish the way we do. Just when we where getting ready to go home, his outside rod went down hard. After a 10 min. fight he landed a 60 Lb. Blue. The look on his face meant more to me as if I had caught the fish...

16. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Yea, the river is choppy. I sat in the boat and rocked all day. On a good note I took big fish and first place for the effort. Vern

17. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Great job Vern :big_smile:

18. Steve Douglas

State:
    Kentucky
    well today was alot tougher, than it has been in the last few weeks ,had to work harder and search harder for the fish we caught, took a boc member from my area, paul with me to help me shoot some video .unfortantaly the fish were not hittin like they were. we had a total of 10-12 hits all day but we caught 8 of the 12 that took the bait . i didnt have time to fish all my holes . but we fished a 20 mile stretch of river to find the fish we caught, mid day is when most of the action took place .most of the fish came from mid river current seams , after alot of hit and miss spots i was able to locate a couple decent fish. a 30 lb blue and a 50 lb flathead in which paul caught both of those .making the flathead i think, his new pb . 6 of the fish we caught were in the 10-15 lb range. all though it wasnt the best day , its all ways a good day when you can break your pb record .pics are in pauls(louisville rider) thread under flatheads.

19. olddriller

olddriller New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Steve,
    Thanks for sharing the fishing reports and the photos,wished I could have been there. Paul