West Point Mini Gathering/Tournament

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by Fishmaster1203, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Not trying to take away anybody from the 2010 Georgia Gathering ya'll are trying to plan, but Chattahoochee Hilljack Catfishing (Brother Hilljack) is having a catfish tournament on West Point Lake April 24, 2010 that will be going out of Ringer Park. Thought we might could turn it into a "mini gathering" and maybe get more boats in Brother Hilljacks tournament. Ringer Park has FREE campsites (first come-first served) but no showers (just wipe some stink bait on you and nobody will know the difference) lol.

The flathead fishing will be excellent and the more boats that get in the tournament will mean a bigger payback, which will be good for me! :smile2: LMAO

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN

Currently that tournament is scheduled as a club tournament, but it there is enough interest we could change it to an open event.

3. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    being as that is my birthday.i'll already be camping in roopville,so maybe i'll shoot on down an show yall some fish.:wink:

4. Bait Bandit

Bait Bandit New Member

State:
    West Georg
    For a memebership drive it might be good to change, I am almost sure I could get two more boats and would be willing to put out some flyers and talk it up on the North end...

Preston save me a spot I will be comming that way when Mr Smith gives the lets go wave, I didn't see a out of bounds rule :smile2:

5. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    I didn't see one either, but I think you have to launch at Ringer. That's a long run in a jet boat. :smile2:

6. flatheadslayer

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    yeah,about 16 to 18 miles,and impossible with a prop,either way they will be some fish caught in that one.
    clay i'll be either right below or above the shoals below roopville,come on up,plenty of room,and flats.:wink:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  7. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Have ya'll ever ran from Ringer to Roopville and back?

8. flatheadslayer

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    nope,i like my motor too much.all i have is a prop 25,wish i had a jet,one day:0a32:.

9. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    LOL, there's lots of sandbars and stumps and rocks to hit just north of Ringer. :embarassed:

10. flatheadslayer

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    i've fished some from franklin bridge up,but never down towards ringer.

11. Bait Bandit

Bait Bandit New Member

State:
    West Georg
    Ringer to Roopville can't be no worse than Whitetail Ridge campground to Bush Head Sholes it's from the pipeline north where it gets to a slow go.

12. flatheadslayer

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    i'm not familiar with either of them places,by name any way.

13. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Well folks, after much deliberation (and general lack of interest shown here) I have decided that the tournament will remain a club event. The mini gathering is welcome and I would love to see some BOC members and get a chance to talk about the tournaments.

Hope to see you all there.

14. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    That's cool. I'll join the club. There will also be a night tournament out of Ringer right?

15. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That's right Paul. On 10 July we will be fishing 6pm-2am. Should be a real nice night for those big flatheads! I am sure to be 50 feet from your boat all night long!!!:wink::big_smile:

16. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    You'll never find me at night. :smile2: LOL

By the way, the river will probably be down in July, with lots of rocks, stumps and sandbars just under the surface. I suspect most will fish close to the ramp.

17. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    What about south of the ramp, is it clear access to the main lake?

18. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Yes, it's easy to go downstream.

19. Bait Bandit

Bait Bandit New Member

State:
    West Georg
    But the good catting is upstream :smile2: Paul is right on the nasty part north of Ringer it's nothing like the river south of Columbus where you can run a Battle Ship

20. efrith

efrith New Member

State:
    Seale Alabama
    Now thats my kind of river OH YEA!:cool2: