West Point Lake Report

Discussion in 'GEORGIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Fishmaster1203, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    10/2/08 Full Pool Level-635.00 Current Level-634.84 and falling. Surface Temp.-Low to Mid. 70's Water Clarity-Clear on the main lake and stained up the Chattahoochee River. The lake is turning over and under cold front conditions. Fishing for all species is only fair, but should start rapidly improving in the next few days. fishwestpoint.

2. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    good report westpoint, last time I looked at the weather that was a double coldfront coming through, the next one is coming through tomorrow or saturday i think.....that's the main reason i didn't fish the other day, when i woke in the morning it had already passed......i said to heck with it...lol

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for the report, sounds like good info, can't wait to hit west point

4. Carplips

Carplips New Member

State:
    Dallas,Georgia
    I've got 2 maybe 3 trips planned there in November. I have loaded the boat(mainly hybrids:eek:oooh:) and used countless shad between the railroad bridge and the pump house in the past there. Come on cool weather!

5. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Its been kind of tough for the last week. Been catching a few Stripers and Hybrids. Caught an 8# Largemouth out of a tree on a Texas rigged worm the other day. Flathead fishing is good upriver on live Bream. Just caught 2 small Flatheads a few minutes ago and had 2 good ones come off.

6. fireman1501

fireman1501 New Member

State:
    georgia
    you guys have many spot bass

7. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA