West Point Lake Flatheads

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by Fishmaster1203, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Fishing for Flatheads up the Chattahoochee River is good if you can keep from getting snagged on all of the unmarked, unattended trot lines.

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I fished the hooch for two years when i was at benning and never caught anything except for channels. How are the Flatheads down that way. Are there any blues in there?

3. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    I heard they were starting to catch some small Flatheads from the river just north of Lake Eufaula. Have'nt heard anything on the Blues.

4. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.

I'll let you know after next week. :wink:

5. PhillyCatcatcher4

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    I also plan on passing through La Grange for a cat session. :cool2:

6. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    sounds kinda like the altamaha......limb lines on anything and everything sticking out of the water.......lol

7. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Like a bankside landfill

8. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    I put the boat in on Monday in the oconee river. Went up river a few miles, then down river for a good while till it hit the lake. Saw limb lines everywhere, I even found a red poweraid bottle bobbing near the bank. Went to pick it up to find a 5# bluecat on the other end. His head looked pretty beat up....i bet he was on there for a day or two. I took the hook out and let 'em go. I did find some really nice spots to try for some flathead down river from the boat ramp....nice deep holes with lots of woodcover nearby. On my way back to the ramp i actually saw a couple guys getting ready to catfish and they had rods with them! that's almost unheard of around here. I had to stop and talk to them for a few minutes. I told them about catfish1, hopefully they will check it out...........bassmassey

9. papasage

papasage Member

State:
    Fitzgerald, Geo
    i don`t eat fish off the hooch . to much atlanta run off there . the flint and the ocmulgee is my river fishing . i haven`t fished the altamaha . i think the water is clean over there . no big town runoff in it .

10. macdaddy

macdaddy New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    i want eat them from the altamaha below jesup taste like crap to me . i guess the paper mills dumping. i have eat all size flatheads from alot of places. but they nasty from down there. we have caught 4oo pounds in a weekend down there and give everyone of them away!!!!!! nasty fish

11. PhillyCatcatcher4

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Well I'm back from Columbus. No flatheads. :eek:oooh: The channels were biting though. Kept a couple for a friend cause I don't eat from the Hooch. :wink:

Attached Files: