West Frankfort lake

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Kojak, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    West Frankfort lake is still doing well, My father in law caught seven nice ones today(7-22). Not sure if they were shallow or deep. Ill find out and post later. I am planning on going fishing either at Rend or W.F lake tomorrow or tuesday or maybe both, who knows. Anyone else going let me know maybe we will try to meet up.

Jerred

2. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Thanks for the info. Some of these smaller local lakes can hold some nice fish.

3. Bigdan99

Bigdan99 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sounds like I need to find some lakes to fish to me. I'm going to try to go next weekend. I hope to have my lights on my trailer and car by then.

4. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Im thinking of trying to old Johnston City lake. I have heard that there are some big flatheads in there. I do know they say don't go in there after dark because the drug heads have taken it over...(sad my grandpa told me that it used to be a very nice lake). But, I have been told as long as you go during the day your fine.

Jerred

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jerred in ref: of West Frankfort Lake. Are you refering to the new or old one. If you like to fish small lakes from the bank I would suggest Fern Cliff State Park Lake. Lot of big channel caught each year. Any question on location, give me a pm.

6. howards

howards Member

State:
    IL.
    He must talking about the old lake..no one seem to be around the new lake at night and at the old lake they have camper in the summer and the duck hunter take over the lake in the fall(I was one of them at one time) and you don't want to mess with men in camo and face masks carrying shotguns.I have fished the two lake at night befor and would do so again.