west branch is in PA game and fish

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by nut, Mar 20, 2009.

1. nut

nut New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    the PA game and fish april 2009 issue has come out and i finally get to read about a local spot. it's the one on page 24 and it's my section of the river. fished this my whole life, except when i lived in texas, it's all about fishing for trout though, maybe i could get the guy to do an article on channels. might become some really important guy, you know sponsership. i can see it now me with a sponsored shirt like all the pro's wear. except mines for stink bait, laugh out loud.

2. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    Randy You're on your way to Fame and Fortune:smile2::smile2::smile2:

Just make sure that guy knows your THE local expert. Cobble together a suddenly reputatable guide service and offer to have him tape a show at the untapped catfish population of the mighty West branch Susquehanna.

Anyway let us know how it comes out.

PS. is the article available online?

3. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    this appears to be there website...
    http://www.pagameandfish.com/

but I didn't see the article. Its possible maybe even likely that magazine subscribers will get a chance to read it fully before it is posted to the site a little while later.

BTW, the article "10 best Late summer places for catfish" is really very good and includes many favorite places.

4. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    That's cool! I don't know if I would want someone publishing my stretch of the river and telling people how to catch the fish. Like you said before, you have fished there a long time and it prob. took some time on the water to find the good spots and now everyone is going to know them too. It would be like them telling everyone about your hunting spot and telling them to go during a certin time of a month to bag the trophies.