weres the fish

Discussion in 'IOWA RIVERS TALK' started by SGTREDNECK, Aug 17, 2009.

1. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Find yourself a deep hole. Usually around a bend or turn in the river there will be a deep hole. Thats where I would go if the water was low. How low are you talking?

2. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Sometimes they will return a little deeper or sometimes make shallow fishing better.. Never can tell, Depends on the weather conditions

3. catman79

catman79 New Member

State:
    iowa
    i always hit the deep holes,or large log jams.seems to work out for me anyway.

4. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    deeper holes during the day. but they'll still roam when the water is cooler, especially at night.

5. 89Ricky89

89Ricky89 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    And most dams are usually hot spots at night when the levels are low.

6. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    right now with the rivers as low as they are it's not so much where you're fishing but when you're fishing. I've hooked into the channels really nice the past couple of days but their biting early in the morning starting aroundc 530 and dies off around 9 and in the evening's they'll bite really well right before dark 6-9 and the bigger ones I've caught were later from 2-4. the last time slot the fish have been bigger but not very many numbers compared to the other two. I haven't really tried for flatties the last week but after these rains I'ma get back at em.