Were Rich!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Gator, Oct 29, 2005.

1. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    The way I was raised you can have all the money in the world and own all the best toys and still not be rich. You wealth is measured by your friend and not you worldly goods. Your friends determine your wealth. The type of friend and the number of true friend you have. Well I must say that I have to be among the riches people alive with the friends I have here. I have received a lot of PM and Phone calls and emails from members here offering all kinds of help and support because of the medical issue that I am dealing with. From people all over the United States that I have never meet face to face and from people who I have butted heads with here a time or 2 and never though I would get that much support on any thing in my life. I have been very touched by all of this. I was thinking today, and that is hard for me as some of you know (yes I still have to have some fun with it). And, I just fell as if I and among the richest people in the world, just by the number of friend I have here on this site. You know it sometimes is very hard for this many people to get along with each other and there are some times I get very hard headed and I will also be the first to tell you that the hardest person I have ever had to live with was my self. But, when you stop to look at it the BOC has to be the richest people in the world because of the way everyone pulls together to help and offer help to those of us who get in a tight no matter what the reason for the tight. That is what makes us all so rich. So thanks for sharing the wealth with me and seeing as friendship is the most valued gift of all I am for ever indebted to you all.

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Good post, you get all the stars possible. thanks for being a friend.

3. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Jim, all this potpouring on your behalf,just goes to show what kind of man you are.
    You are a one of a kind.I remember someone else,not long ago,who was having a hard row to hoe. Even though you weren't much better off than he was,you still offered what you had.
    I thank you brother and will always be there for you as you have been for me.
    And yes, I'll keep hounding you to see how you are doing.
    (You're not the only rich man here bro.)

4. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I have to agree thats a fine post, couldnt have said it better myself.

5. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    That was a very Heart felt post my friend. And you are correct, you have many friends here pulling for you...

6. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Great post Gator! You always have a true friend here, brother.

7. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Gator, your one of the best. Good post

8. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Sorry I don't know your wife's name.

We love you and her both. Keeping you and her in our prayers and sending white light.

Great post. I gave it 5 stars too and would have given you a rp but my 24 hours isn't up yet. What's with that anyway? Some of net addicts have too short of a memory to remember later. LOL

Take care and God bless you both. :grin-big: :thumbsup:

9. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    My wife’s name is Deena and she is my rock. I met her after having a heart attack, she worked in the office where they did my medical paper work for the Army. The very first time I saw her was May 7th 1997. The very first words to her were “Smile young lady it can’t be that bad.”

But as it turned out it was for me any way. Never had anything knock me off my feet like the heart attack did. It cost me the job I loved so much but put a woman in my life that I love more.

I am not worried about this little speed bump that life has tossed in front of me as I know I will make it one way or another. I know it will slow me down some for a while and because of that I had to let ya’ll know as I am working on 4 rods right now for members and 3 more for other people. It is hard with a limited use of my right arm until the stitches come out but I will make it. With friends and people like the members here and with the thoughts and prayers I have no choice but to make it.

Thanks all but we are all rich here in the BOC as this just shows the quality of member and the type of people we have in this family. The best people in the world are right here in the BOC

10. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

Now that's an awesome love story there! Better than reading a book.

You take it easy and don't work too hard. Just take it "slow and wait".

Use that left arm to hug Deena for us.

Yes we are all blessed thru the BOC. Take care.