We're off to Lake Roosevelt

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by swampbuster, Oct 31, 2009.

1. swampbuster

swampbuster New Member

State:
    Utah
    Man, what a way to get pumped up seeing Andy's Photo.
    Wanted to tell you all thanks for your help. we are heading out Sunday afternoon and will get to Rosie late at night. The plan is to hit Orange Peel Monday morning to catch some bait and then look at the lake and river to plan the afternoon & nights fishing. Any more tips on where to start????

We will be fishing Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. We'll be in a copper colored Chev. Truck w/ Utah plate
    If you see us stop in and say Hi.
    Since we're there all day do you suggest fishing in the day and night or just night. If at night what time do you start at?

Thanks again for helping my Dad (80 yrs young) and I making our first Flathead trip. Hopefully we'll get one for our avatar.:wink:
    Jay

2. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    better fish day and night bait fish and channels daytime, flats at night don't forget your 2 pole stamp . i know i'll try to make it down. hope to see you .

3. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    pm hillbilly ( lonny ) he is your besy bet for info on the tonto end.

4. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Good luck to you guys, I might meet you guys. I'll find you if you are in a cooper colored truck. I will be in a red Toyota Tacoma. Most likely with a nine year old tagging along. If I get out there, I'll take you to every spot that I know on the Salt River. Rosie, definitely is the place to go, it is one of many lakes that catching the new State record is absolutely possible. I fish mainly from sun down to an hour or so after sun up. If you want me to try and talk you into a couple spots or give you directions if I cannot make it, here is my Cell. 602 315 4189, call me whenever, my name is Rob. Just an FYI, bait can be EXTREMELY difficult to locate on Roosevelt without a boat. My suggestion is to fish off the boat launch ramp docks at night. Just noodle a worm around the docks with a small split shot. You are not supposed to, but at night on the weekdays no one is launching that late at night. Also, you can go to the bait store and pick up some waterdogs at the bait store just outside Globe. I can help you out on how to get there too. If I can't make it, I will try my butt of to go and catch you bait at a spot I know at Rosie, enough to keep you guys for a couple days. I also agree with Bubbacat, PM Lonny or azcataholic, they know that dang Tonto side like no tomorrow. I'm strictly an East side Rosie guy.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
  5. swampbuster

swampbuster New Member

State:
    Utah
    thanks so much Rob,
    I'll give you a call for sure when we get down there so it will make a bit more sense with directions.
    Guess I'll be fishin' for bait Sunday night. Hope to see you guys and thanks again.
    Jay

6. gotabig1

gotabig1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    hay jay good luck to u and your dad i think that is awsome that u guys can make a trip together like that. hope u guy catch a hog:smile2:

7. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Hello Jay,
    I see you will be at Roosevelt Sunday evening, at Orange Peel. I might be able to run down and meet you, catch a few bluegill with you guys on Monday morning. Peace of mind is having plenty of bait thru the evenings. My phone # 1-808-395-2747. I don't know if you have your computer with you. If I don't hear from you I may still search you out on Monday morning. I am only 34 miles from Orange Peel. Good Luck!
    I just committed to staying home frying up some catfish this afternoon with my wife before i saw this update on your arrival.