Were going to Hensley Lake. Anyone want to join us?

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by daystarchis, Apr 3, 2007.

1. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    It's spare of the moment, but Scott and I are gonna hit Hensley Lake Friday evening for an overnighter. There are crappie, bass and cats to be caught. Consider this an invite:smile2:

2. dirty harry

dirty harry New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    where is that??

somebody send me a map already geesh.

3. gillfish

gillfish New Member

State:
    California
    I thought Hensley was private? Or thus your invitation?

4. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Here ya go brother. Yopu can keep 2 bass 15' or more per day. At Eastmen, there is a one bass @ 22' min. The bite been HOT! I am going out there Fri afternoon. Scott supposed to meet me at my house around 4. Only thing that bites out there at 4 are bass, and cats. Just want to make sure to get my "honey hole":big_smile: There are several that are my favorite and been hot bite.

Hensley Lake

http://http://fishingnetwork.net/nocal/hensley.shtml

http://http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid=navclient&aq=Hensley%20Lake&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GWYE_en___US207&q=Hensley+Lake&oe=UTF-8&um=1&sa=N&tab=wl

Eastmen Lake

http://http://fishingnetwork.net/nocal/eastman.shtml

5. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California

cant get the links to work for me....

bayrunner ray

6. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Talked to my buddy and he went there last night to Hensley. He said the cat bite was off the hook. Ran out of bait at 12:30 am. He got 11 and all were over 3# the biggest in at 7#. He got 3 crappie. :wink:

7. orchardhills

orchardhills New Member

State:
    CA
    Wow that sounds like fun. I don't think that I can make it but would love to.

Hope you catch a BIG one.

8. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Hey Bob,
    How you been buddy? There are some big ones in there. Sold a boat to an old guy up in Coarsegold that had a catfish farm. He told me he planted many doubles in that lake when he retired:big_smile: .

9. dirty harry

dirty harry New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Well boys thought I would leave ya with this one
    I been watching the news lately and everyday i get madder and madder
    thinking another Clinton getting in there, remember the first.

This makes me mad as susan luchi at the soap opera awards, remember we asked how the first would do
    Well there it is boys, first thing in office and takes the worlds toughest fighting force and trying to stick gays down our throats (so to speak). good idea there mr commander in cheif, next his wife will campaign to change the marine slogan from semper fi to sissy fi, my butt, lets put americas defense in the hands of the fellers that got beat up all through high school yeah right, Bill Clinton, that ole henpecked, draft dodging, no inhaling, saxaphone playing, jog 6 miles a day still got legs like delta burke, mandate for a change with 38% of the vote idiot, he would scratch his ass if his head itched. gays in the military, yeah right, lets send them down to fort dix, they would like that teach em how to attack from the rear. I can see there first day of boot camp heres your drill instructor, oooooooh drill instructor, ohh do me first, my big ole butt. instructor gonna tell them im gonna be your daddy and your momma, them goons be saying and we will be the son you never had. can you see their first 3 mile march, hut two 3 and hut two 3 and spin and kick and spin and kick,,first thing they be asking for is hey when do we get to be pinned down by charlie thats what the recruiter promised. they will be just itching to get over to Iraq and get close to some of them hummers they heard about. Whats their first war gonna be called??? Well america were over here for operation fixing to have a hissy, and another thing why these pretty boys all of a sudden so eager to fight some redneck drive by and roll down the window and call them a name and they report it to the FBI as a hate crime, now they all eager to run to bosnia and mix it up with the serbs. I dont get it. Im sorry but when it comes to america needing to kick some butt to protect the american way of life I think a heterosexual approach is more called for. We dont need some poofner sitting in a foxhole humming the theme to katz.

brothers,,,yall have a nice day

10. orchardhills

orchardhills New Member

State:
    CA
    I've been good Robb. I have some prizes for the gathering. Is there a way to get to Hensley off of the 41?

11. Capt Steve

Capt Steve Active Member

State:
    Clovis, CA
    Take 41 N 12 mi.
    left at CA-145 2.6 mi.
    right toward Road 400 7.2 mi.
    left toward Road 400 33 ft.
    right at Road 400 4.8 mi.
    turn left .5 mi.
    turn right .1 mi.
    turn right 279 ft.

12. orchardhills

orchardhills New Member

State:
    CA
    Thanks Captain!

:smile2:

13. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Sorry I can't join you Robb...... Just don't have the extra cash right now with recuperating from the delta trip, property taxes and all that american stuff...... seems as though only three of us have found the cash to settle the "extra cost for fuel" that we encountered on the Delta trip.... Some boys talk about sending money.... It just kind of tells me what they are made of......

bayrunner ray

14. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno

Check is in the mail Ray sorry for the delay i've had a severe cash flow problem, works a bit slow but that all just changed this week, nature of the painting business.

15. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Hey Paul, I don't think you should keep making comments about them gays and your big ol butt in the same rant, it looks a little odd.

16. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    I just decided to drive up today so I'll see you at the lake.
    Robb keep your cell phone at hand so I can call you when I get to Fresno.
    Don't reply I'm out of here.

17. orchardhills

orchardhills New Member

State:
    CA
  18. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    If bert wants to come get me I'd love to go...:lol: :lol: :lol:
    Let us know what happens(ed)!

19. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Tom got to my house around 4 pm Friday and we waited around for my buddies scott and Joe. They got tomy house around 5 and we loaded upmy car and headed out to Hensley. Stopped at the bait store for bait and any other items needed. Got to Hensley around 6 pm. Couple guys had "our spot" so we headed down the hill to another. We fished for a while with joe atching a nice lil bass. As usual lately, a front was blowing so the bite seemed to be total opposite. It was slow :crazy: Scott hooked up the grill and started grilling some German Sausages and I had brought a lil over a dozen homemade cheese with Jalapeno and some chicken and some pork tamales. Heated some of them up in the foil and it was on!!!!:tounge_out: I caught 2 fish, my 3# being the largest. Tom had 2 nice cats which he kept and showed me the finner part of felleting :wink: (Thanks Tom). Had a nice fire going inside a nice rock fire pit I built. I laid down on my bag next to the fire around 2 am. From 2-6 am several folks caught fish. Joe caught a big carp. several more cats and crappie. Was a lil chilly, but with that fire next to me, i slept like a baby:big_smile: Ain't nothing like a well built camp fire with a couple of those cheap duraflam logs and some exrta wood gathered. Sleeping under the stars!:smile2: PRICELESS!!!!! Fish or no fish, nothing beats the first true over nighter of the year.