We're gettin hammered!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by pk_powell, May 7, 2007.

1. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well..................Are we wet yet???:roll_eyes: Apparently not! Just checked the weather report and they said more heavy storms on the way for today!
    The local news said the Missouri River is cresting at 32 feet sometime today.It was 33 feet back during the flood of 93.How bout them skeeters??:crazy: :crazy: Those bloodsuckers are really getting excellent breeding grounds with all this influx of water. I want to go fishing,when it stops raining:roll_eyes: but I don't want to get carried away and become a feast for those critters! Has anyone heard reports on em yet? I remember when we first moved from Nebraska down here,that they were so thick you couldn't go outside even in the daytime without em botherin ya! My Landlord slapped my back on day and then apologized cause I had two huge ones on my back and didn't know it! Any comments?:crazy: :crazy:

2. bwillaub

bwillaub New Member

State:
    missouri
    Ohhhhh, that kind of hammered. I wish this rain would stop for a while myself. I think Truman Lake is about 7 feet above normal pool right now and the fishing is tough. Maybe I should just fish in my front yard? I couldn't do much worse!

3. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    We gettin hammered over here in Oklahoma too Pat. Their saying that the Neosho won't crest until tomorrow evening at 20 ft above flood stage. I haven't been able to put a boat in for over 3 weeks now.

4. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Haven't been able to go fishing on the rivers, but have been doing well at the lake. Yep, flashback of 1993. Alot of the damaged areas have since been reclaimed for flood plains, so maybe it won't be such a disaster this time around. Just think of all the catfish spawning that will be going on. That is unless the asian carp run them out and eat their eggs.:sad2: Gonna rain all week long, and the river is already about to spill out. Get your jonboats ready, we may have to take them to work and back.

5. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Skeeters suck! That's why I stopped hunting duck after I found out that a lot of them eat almost their weight in skeeters every day.

6. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    ONE bat can eat 2000+ a night. So that's good, too.

Pat, Put up a bat house or dozen. :wink: :smile2: :cool2:

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Ok you got resonses as to what to do about the blood suckers .Now what I really want to know is this.Did you by chance haul off and hit him for hitting you on the back?:lol: :lol:

8. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Answer: No, but I was startled to say the least. He was the best landlord the place ever had in my husband's and my opinion. He was just a big puppydog! Very friendly and easy to get along with! Daggum Corporation over him fired him,and he worked like a freaking dog,tried so hard to make sure everything was done right but reckon they didn't think so! I was saddened when he came up and told us all goodby!:sad2: