We're Back from GA

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Angelkitty, Nov 19, 2006.

1. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    I have some stories to tell. The trip to GA was an adventure. We got lost in Birmingham, AL. We ended up in downtown still can't figure that one out. Newton (Cntryboy) was driving, I was passenger and the two girls were in the back seat. Remind you they are teens. Here is the first story in Memphis.
    We got past the Memphis Bridge but, we were sopposed to take the Jason, Mississippi exit. We kept going towards Nashville. When we passed my Aunts exit which is Oakland, Tn. Newton knew something was not right. And I didn't know that I was sopposed to be Navagating. Make a long story short. We pulled into a gas station. I am inside asking for directions and Newton is outside in the car looking at the map. Well while the nice man was writing down the directions to get back to the Jackson exit for me, All of a sudden the door opens and I here YOU ARE FIRED! I turned and here comes Newton into the store with the map in his hand. Honey, we were to take the Jackson exit. I wanted to crawl in a hole and hide. LMAO. Well we made it through Tn after that and through Mississippi with no more problems, Until we got to Birmingham. I will post that in a few hrs.
    My son, Pvt. David Studdard Graduated. And I will post the photos as soon as I get them delveloped.

2. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Glad you all got back safely & only had a minimal incident while enroute:smile2:

Congrats to you & your son on his graduation:cool2: :cool2:

3. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Patricia,

Sounds like you had an Army adventure yourself :embarassed:

Congrats on your sons graduation!

4. Memphis_Catfish_King

Memphis_Catfish_King New Member

State:
    Memphis,TN
    Congrats on your sons graduation

5. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    well at least you made it home safe and sound

6. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Don't feel bad Trisha, I've been fired from that job before too :lol:. Sorry for all the detours you had to take, girlfriend. We're proud of David, tell him congratulations for us! Glad that you have returned home safely. We'll be looking for the pictures, sis. :smile2:

7. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    Congrats to both you and your son

8. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Ok, When we got to Birmingham, We were looking for the 59/20 exchange. Well we exit off went downtown. Got lost again of course. LOL We stopped at a liquor store and asked for directions. Wrong thing to do with a bunch of guys that had a little tooo much to drink. They were pointing all directions telling Newton to go this away and that away to get to 59. And when he finds 59 to get on it and ride the 59 out and he will find the exchange. Now me and the girls were in the car with the doors locked listing to all this. Newton finally got in the car and we desided to back track. The girls were laughing and saying I can't beleive we got lost again. Well, On up the road Newton spotted two officers sitting side by side and asked them to get us back on track. after 10 minutes he returns to the car and says they can't even tell me where the exchanged is. So we backed tracked And after 15 minutes we found the exchanged we passed while talking.
    About an hour of driving we pulled off to find a service station to stretch and get more coffee. Newton turns off the exit. Turns down a road that led to Motels hoping their was a station. Well there was not. So we turned around. We came to the stop sign. And it curved a little to the right. Newton took a left. And all of a sudden the girls and I were telling him we were on the wrong side of the medien. We saw cars comming towards us. We told him to do a U-turn. Instead he goes up on the concrete Median drives it out to find a lower spot to cross over to the other side. By that time the girls are covering thier heads and I got my hands over my eyes. We found a station about a mile up the road. After that we had a safe trip to GA. The Moral of this don't drive at night unless you know where u are going. LMAO. We drove back Saterday morning. We never got lost.