went to the doc Mon.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by smokey, Nov 21, 2008.

1. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I went to the doc Mon to have him take a look at a thing on my arm. I had to have it cut out and sent in to see if it was somthing to worry about.You guested it.Although he didnt seem to worried about it, its not his arm or his body for that matter.He said "I'll just cut that bad boy out and you will forget about it in no time."Well I cant stop thinking about it.My best friend passed about a year ago from skin cancer.Have any of you old guys had such a thing happen?
    Im 60 years old and have spent many a day in the sun.I have to go back to the doc monday.wish me luck.
    smokey

2. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    i know of at least 2 guys i used to work with and as carpenters ,roofers we are always out in the sun they have had stuff removed that turned out to be nothing at all

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Just keep thinking POSTIVE Smokey that things will be ok.Keep us posted as to the results.

4. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I've had several pre-cancerous cut out. The worse was on my ear. And a mess of the little spots on my face and neck froze off. My back is covered in large dark spots but the doc says they are nothing... just looks terrible. I guess that is from all the years of not wearing a shirt in the sun. I go to the skin doc every 6 months for a check up.

Good luck Joe, we'll hope for the best.

5. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    good luck joe and ill send a prayer your way to help.

6. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Joe 8+ years ago, I had to have a big spot taken out of my leg. Now this spot was 12+" long when they got done with it. And 3" wide at the middle. The doctor told me I was in no mans land.. It could be fine or dead. Well I had to have lots of test and stuff. But I am still here.
    Any time you find a spot that is changing colors or sizes and has different layers. Get it looked at fast. There was 2 older men in the office. And both of them were telling me. That mine looked bad compared to theres. Both of them were dead within 6 months..
    But if he told you it was nothing to worry about. I think he may be right. As for mine, the doctor that took the first cut out of it. Told me it did not look good. Then 3 days later i was back in his office. Then on to see someone else. And get cut on again.
    Good luck and look at the bright side. It may just be something that you caught early.
    Pete

7. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thankx Pete, when Debi had her cancer test they called befor she got home and had her back in the hosp. that night. so I dont think it was anything but it has me thinking about sun screen for next summer. Oh yeah Iam glad your still with us:smile2:
    smokey

8. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Joe it gave me a new meaning of sun screen. And I try to keep it on even in the winter time. People do not think about the sun we get in the winter. I have days I would be cooked on my face and ears without sun screen in the winter time.
    Let us know how the test turn out.
    Pete

9. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Good luck Joe you did the right thing going to the DR I have to have them took off every Yr. several yrs. a go i had a bad boy lucky the Dr got it in time