went to horseshoe today

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by azfisher, Mar 8, 2008.

1. azfisher

azfisher New Member

State:
    arizona
    That was a trip. one hell of a bouncy trip.The road has seen better days. But the lake was cool looking. its full alright and full of driftwood. We fished the Verde right below the dam. Struck out though. But the river looks good . when it warms it should be really good.Had the kids so we didn't stay late like I would have liked to. Fished waterdogs for the first time. Got to figure out how to stop them from swimming under the rocks. I think I'll try bobbers next time. All and All still had a blast.Hope it gets better though!!!
    :big_smile:

Attached Files:

2. fishinpolak

fishinpolak New Member

State:
    Phoenix, Arizona
    hey ya iv never had any luck there for flatheads. Only a few small channels. keep fishing thought they should start to bite soon!!!

3. badben345

badben345 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    man, the last time i tried headin that way, the road was closed. i am going to have to get up there sooner rather than later!

ben

4. Capt_Catfish

Capt_Catfish New Member

State:
    az
    dang that water is flowing hard! never had much luck there but sure is pretty!

5. cbf

cbf New Member

State:
    ARIZONA
    My son his biggest flat out of there was about 5-6 years ago and it was 66 lbs but that was a while ago.

6. Cactus Cat

Cactus Cat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    CBF just out of curiosity did he catch it on the lake towards the dam or where the river enters in? Thanks

7. cbf

cbf New Member

State:
    ARIZONA
    He caught it down by the spillway were the river make the turn to catfish point.