Went to Hartwell yesterday

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by FastenalFishing, Aug 2, 2009.

1. FastenalFishing

FastenalFishing New Member

State:
    Boiling Springs, S.C.
    Tried Hartwell for catfish yesterday. I fished in the Twin Lakes area just south of Clemson. I could see the stadium from where we were fishing. We were trying for channels. I did not catch any. We tried a few places. Maybe someone could give me some pointers.

2. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    Welcome to the BOC. You're in the right spot for asking questions. I think there is a thread about heartwell in the SC area. Good luck and keep checking someone will help you out.

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Sometimes the fish just aren't biting David. Good luck fishing

4. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    David its good to see you are out there trying.

5. FastenalFishing

State:
    Boiling Springs, S.C.
    Riverrat, I'm beginning to get the catfishing bug again. I think I may take a trip to Wylie in the next few weeks. At least this way I know I can catch some. I need to catch some shad somewhere. I hope you are doing well. You will see me on here a little more I think.
    I couldn't believe I could not catch any yesterday. The weather was perfect in the morning.
    David

6. Slimm

Slimm New Member

State:
    SC
    We have tried for channels during the day without much luck either, but night time has been totally opposite. Seems like every hump or flat at night has fish. You just have to be alright with catching gar too. What were you using for bait?

7. FastenalFishing

State:
    Boiling Springs, S.C.
    Shad and Red worms. But my shad was some that has been in my freezer for a long time and i think it was bad. It was really soft once thawed. Or maybe just bad day.

8. Slimm

Slimm New Member

State:
    SC
    We always have about 8 poles out and all but 2 will have whole dead herring, the other two we put liver on. We catch more channels with herring even pretty small ones. Fresher the better, if I aint got herring we use bream.