Went to Dardanelle

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by Smellycat, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Jon (Veritok) and I went to Dardanelle with another friend and drift fished all night saturday from the dam and only managed a 5 and 8 pounder and a large gar. We did catch plenty of shad at the the end of the ramp below the dam. The good news is the 8 pounder was the largest fish our friend "Erick" had ever caught and he was thrilled.
    The fish just were not there. I saw few fish on the finder all night.

2. CharlieD

CharlieD New Member

State:
    Lincoln,Ar
    Thanks for the report-- Wish it was better but it'll get there.:big_smile:

3. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Thanks for the report.

4. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Jennie (hilblegirl) and me launched from piney last evening ran on out the river past the gravel quarry and set up on several deep holes, we did pretty good, 13 blues I think biggest was around 12-15, my ole scale was rusted up :embarassed: so hard to guess. They were fat for sure. We had a grand time, Jennie caught a biggun, got it to the boat and when I grabbed the line to lip it, the line popped, it was gone. Guess, I shoulda got the net :smile2: I felt pretty bad about it, so I let her catch more :smile2: and used the net no matter what size. :smile2: we let em all go, as they looked to me like they were in labor......... :eek:oooh:

Attached Files:

5. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    good looking mess of fish there jim

6. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    you fellas ever seen cats like this with thier guts hangin out like that, are they spawning and that is the eggsac? I dont remember ever catchin fish like this, there were several with this sac comin out, but it was bright red, not the yellow color like the eggs sac when ya clean em. We didnt clean any of them.

7. CharlieD

CharlieD New Member

State:
    Lincoln,Ar
    I'm not sure but maybe your setting the hook to hard--- Your not only crossing their eyes -- you're puckering there *&@#*#

8. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    jim u didnt bring them out of deep water did you.

9. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    40ft, I brought up slow though. I thought of that Billy, but they did not seem effected any, didnt need burped... all swam away jest fine. Charlie now thats funny :smile2: :eek:oooh: