went to check a spot out a got a surprise

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by eric2006, Oct 5, 2009.

1. eric2006

eric2006 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Well i was wanting to do some fishing this week and decided to stop and check a spot to see if any may have been fishin' there and if they was doing any good. When i pulled up ther was a few cars there and a tow truck. i looked around and seen some scuba divers and makers in the water. Come to find out they was tring to pull a truck out of the water. I asked a man what happen and he said he wasnt sure, that he heard that it happen last night.
    As i was leaving i was wondering if that will effect any fishing for tomorrow night.

I would like to try this spot out because i have heard that coming out of the cove part it drops off pretty deep. Figured they may feed coming off of the shallow part.

2. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    I think it's safe to say the fishing mite not be any good there for a lil while,At lest till the truck and divers leve:smile2::smile2::wink:

3. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Should've asked him nicely to leave the truck in there with all the doors open and windows bashed out. That'd make a nice home for a big flathead. :smile2:

4. eric2006

eric2006 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    thats what i was sayin...:smile2:

5. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Eric, if its deep enough to hide an SUV, you can bet catfish will use it. Don't worry about the noise and commotion. They will forget about it within an hour. Go fishing! Good Luck.

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree with Skip on this. Give it a shot.

7. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    fish on brotha! truck may have been full of dead bream! FREE CHUM1!!!:smile2:

8. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea
    I had a buddy in the service that claimed he saw the biggest catfish he had ever seen in a submerged truck in the river. He was down there swimming and claimed he saw it while diving around the truck. I asked him if he tried to catch it. He said he couldn't. It seems every time he would reach in the to grab it, that ole cat would roll the window up on him. :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

9. boyd79

boyd79 New Member

State:
    illinois
    :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

10. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    I would say that shouldn't hurt the fishing the next night. The fishing should be fine for ya. Good luck man.

11. eric2006

eric2006 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    i like that:smile2::smile2::smile2::confused2: