Went to Bass Pro In Olathe and what Happens next!

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by GrandpaGoneFishing, Feb 24, 2009.

1. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    I got to Bass Pro early and walked around a bit. Then finally went in just minutes before opening. I walk right over to the reel and ask about the baitrunner 6500B, I notice a guy who looked familiar looking on. Never butting in yet, Watching out for a Brother Cat fisherman. I walked over and picked up some 50 lb. Power pro. I am watching this Guy cause I know WE NEED TO TALK! this guy was 20 feet or better away from me and Knew It was 50 Lb test. Finally I guess When I went to look for hooks was just enough. I go to look for some hooks and the conversation was on. Even turned me onto some really nice rods for a decent price. Ugly 8' h.
    After alto of very good information. He promoted the BOC. We Had a good time talking and went on with our days. After having to deal with things in town. Remember I Like to stay around my gravel roads. Seen more people today than I do in a month out here. I was heading out of town and decided to take his advise and picked up 2 of those rods. It helped that my wife told me I should go back and get em, after I explained my morning to her.
    She's a peach, my wife.

The BOC brothers are the BEST.
    You Know who you are and I'd go fishing with you Any Time!
    :0a31:​

2. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    That just goes to show you what kind of people the BOC is made of. Nothing but great and helpful brothers and sisters. Jay good luck with you new equipment.

Tom

3. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Jay I'm glad you had a chance to get out.Sounds like you made a good choice on some new equipment.

Alwas nice meeting BOC members seems we are everwhere these day's.

Hope you can make it to the gathering in June at Melvern.There will be a bunch of BOC brothers there to meet and learn some new things from.

4. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Hey Jay we still need to hook up and go catch a bunch of channels when it warms up.

5. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Jay, thanks for the insight.

6. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    Jay who was it?

7. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Thanks for all the advise KC Jayhawk 78. always great meeting boc members. Going to take out my new rigs after work tonight.

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    It never ceases to amaze me how often I bump into BOC members. This is a great brotherhood

9. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Hard to miss Keith anywhere...:smile2: J/K buddy!

10. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    It was good to meet you to Jay. Ill get down there to fish the MDC with you this spring when it starts running real good. :big_smile:

11. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    hes storying hes afraid of the mud :wink: i think i know of a spot right next to the road and no mud.:cool2: may not catch a dam thing though :tounge_out:

12. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Brandon, Im not scared to get muddy. After seeing Shelby sink in 1 1/2 ft, and Im twice his weight, I decided there wasnt enough guys there to dig me out. I really commend you guys for fishing in that slop. That was real bad, and after hearing from you later that you guys didnt catch anything, and your other buddy got stuck up past his knees in mud, I think I made the right decision. Ill be down again, just not when its that muddy. :smile2: