Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got there @ 6:eek:opm. No luck on catching baitfish so I used waterdogs. Nothing on those either. I am going next week probably by the dam. FYI the water dropped about a foot between 6:00pm and 3:00am.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Too bad, with this gorgeous weather, I figure it should be getting good soon.

* I won't go back until the lake is below 90%, (which should not take long.)

~ I need beaches to fish for carp..

** I bet one of us gets a good one this summer.. The flatheads should be heating up soon..

Thanks for the post..

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
** I bet one of us gets a good one this summer.. The flatheads should be heating up soon..

Thanks for the post..
Hey - Good Morning Andy,

Yea - I'm hoping for the same thing at the Blyth Gathering in June. :cross::0a32:
:wink:

Take It Easy :0a23:
Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship::0a23:
Bert & "Deltalover"

·
Registered
35 Posts
Live bait, in Nebraska, Missouri, Iowa on the Missouri River it is chubs, bluegill, goldfish. They like it live so whatever the eat where you are. Blue cats like live and stinky and so do channels. Smaller cats are caught on stink bait/worms, bigger on cut bait, and flatties on live as a general rule. Rules have been broken:)

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Hey Lonnie,
What lakes do you fish?

* Your best bait for flathead would be a live blue gill on a slip rig..

~ I don't think there is a shortage of information on recomended baits and rigs on this site...

* Take care~

·
Registered
431 Posts
Too bad, with this gorgeous weather, I figure it should be getting good soon.

* I won't go back until the lake is below 90%, (which should not take long.)

~ I need beaches to fish for carp..

I catch carp in the same places I catch gills, right along rocky out croppings. I used to try dough balls, but found that plain old corn works better than anything, and you can use it to catch gills, carp, and baby cats.

Sometimes I switch it up with nightcrawlers, and I still catch gills, carp, and baby cats (sometimes baby flats even). Fun stuff on an ultralite rig. Last week I caught a 4 pound carp on 4 lb test. :cool2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.