Went to Amistad - Few 7 pound channel catfish

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jsharper, Apr 14, 2006.

1. jsharper

jsharper New Member

State:
    TX
    We took the boat down to Amistad a couple of days this week. Our first trip there. Caught a few channels to 7 lbs, but not a lot and we had to work for them. We stayed at Rough Canyon and fished up the Devils river, the wind blew everyday and the bass fishermen said it was slow also. We found a good bird roost in the afternoon, didn't have time to fish it the next morning, but at least I know where it is for next time. A good trip, just not enough fish. I know it is just me cause I have a friend that catches lots of cats every trip. I suppose he has learned his spots.

Jim

2. turkey buzzard

turkey buzzard New Member

State:
    Fredericksburg,Texas
    Take large nails and nail them into the bluff. Tie #60 weight line 3 to 4 feet to that tie a piece of inner tube or round rubber tubing. Then another 10 feet to 20 feet of line with #13 ought hook and a weight. Use live perch for bait. The yellow cats are under the rock ledges and bite really good at night.

3. jsharper

jsharper New Member

State:
    TX
    Thanks, I will try that next time. I did run a short line with live perch, but not right against the bluffs.

Jim