Went to a gun shop today

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by derbycitycatman, Mar 14, 2009.

1. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Yep, couldnt help meself. I missed last weekends gun show,:embarassed:, and had to get my fix. Only half the store was bare and there was some ammo and some reloading supplies. I bought the last 180 grain 30 cal bullets and a pound of winchester 296. They even had a couple "black" guns and prices didnt seem too outrageous. Theres still hope.:smile2:

2. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    every gun shop i have been in lately is packed. some types of ammo is getting harder to find. the cheap ammo for target practice is very hard to find.

3. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Yeah 380 ammo is impossible to find. Good thing I bought a couple thousand rounds of 9mm before BO. Rifle ammo besides 7.62 and 223 seems ok. Ya sure do have to wait your turn now but nothing crazy. I did buy wallyworlds last box of Federal 550 bulk 22 ammo and last box of Fed auto match. there was plenty of the $7/50 22 ammo left. Shotgun stuff everywhere and had to resist buying last box of 44mag silvertips. Too much for me and I reload anyway. Would have been buying for the brass mostly anyway. I noticed all the cheaper brands of pistols were gone, keltec, bersa ... There were plenty of S@W stuff.

4. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Brian, my friend.....ya need to fish badly. Go camp, fish, sow some oats. When the time comes for guns, there will be plenty of em laying around.
    :roll_eyes:
    I keep reading around here...and I keep thinking of "Pathos" from the man in the Iron Mask.......
    "There was no blood, there was no Killing. I was disappointed."
    :smile2:

5. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Dang it, when your right your right! Im going fishing tomorrow, rain nor sleet nor snow will keep me from casting my soul into a fresh pond that aint seen liver in months. Even still, I got my 9!:cool2:

6. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I was in 4 stores yesterday in Ms. Picked up 25 lbs of shot at one. He has lots of stuff. next one was getting low. Last Stop they had my 17 HMR's($11.) so I picked up 3 boxs for it. They were selling guys like mad and were out of a lot of hand gun shells. Most stuff for reloading was gone also.
    Pete