Went sunday

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by MoMudCat, Mar 13, 2007.

1. MoMudCat

MoMudCat New Member

State:
    Troy,MO
    below Windfield Dam. Had a really hard time getting my anchor to hold so only moved a couple of times. Caught one 3# blue and had a really nice fish on for a while. First fish I have ever lost using circle hooks. Had a great time just being out on the river. I almost sunk my boat on the way back though! :crazy: I hit a log and didn't realize it was still hung up between my motor shaft and the transom. Looked back a little while later and it was shooting water into the back of my boat!! A LOT of water!! No big deal really, the bilge pump worked and we were close the the ramp.

2. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Nice fish, but where is the pic?

3. MoMudCat

MoMudCat New Member

State:
    Troy,MO
    Here ya go Charles. I'm posin' like I got some big fish or something!! :big_smile: Looking back at the pic. I think that might have been a channel. Oh well, it sure tasted good with fried potatos and cornbread!!!

Attached Files:

4. MoMudCat

MoMudCat New Member

State:
    Troy,MO
    Sorry about the double post, just learning how to post pics.

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Nice catfish, those are some nice eating size.

6. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    yep, thats a channel as evidenced by the anal fin rays. Nice catch nonetheless. Big ones will be biting real soon.

7. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Nice catch.. I went last Friday and Saterday above Alton... Water and debris was moving fast.. 6 oz of lead wouldn't hold and sinker kept getting loaded up with leaves.. I didn't get a bite either day, but sure enjoyed it out there on the river..