Went striper fishing last night.

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by lovedasmelloffish, Dec 24, 2009.

1. lovedasmelloffish

lovedasmelloffish New Member

State:
    California
    My buddy is visiting from Washington, he and his son wanted to go striper fishing. We went in Latrop last night and Fernanda, aka its a mooonster went also.. We found a really nice spot that I think will be nice to go to again in the future. River bed was like a beach, no snags, quiet in a real secluded area. It was the 1st exit when you jump on I-5 headed north in Latrop.

We fished from 9ish to about 2 am.We only caught 2 small stripers on anchovies, or should I say Louies son caught both the small stripers. We had a few strong bites, and hundreds of little strikes. We had a few poles out with stink bait on them for cats and they didn't even get a nibble. Weather was good, a little cold, but not to bad with no wind. Im' excited about trying this spot again in the early morning.

All in all , a good time spent with good friends!

2. lovedasmelloffish

State:
    California
    Heres a few pics.

Attached Files:

3. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Right on. Get the use of that fishing license before Next week. Get your moneys worth:wink: Thanks for the report and pictures brother:wink:

4. lovedasmelloffish

State:
    California
    Yup, already have my license for 2010 also for $41.50 and $12.85 for 2 pole tag. Gotta love it!

5. monstercatcher

monstercatcher New Member

State:
    california
    Lol now look like guys had fun I was waiting bro for a call am going to hit the aqueduct up in morning

6. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    HAHAHA isnt that a bunch of crap!!! I can buy a year long non-resident arkansas fishing license with a trout stamp cheaper than i can buy a resident CA license and thats without the 2nd pole stamp!!! :angry:

7. Smokin

Smokin New Member

State:
    Ca
    I know where your talking about. Glad you ahd a good time. I am going to grant line canal in jan.

8. Pile drivers

Pile drivers New Member

State:
    California
    look look like you guy have fun and got beer to that fun is all about friend ship

9. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Well, ya had a good time, I was trout fishing yesterday, waste of my time, but the other guy got some. I dread going to buy my license, the CA resident license is way more than my Non-Res MN license. Plus I get 2nd rod stamp and ocean stamp, and plan on gettin the Co River stamp, I might just fish piers and non DNR regulated lakes for awhile. I'm not really excited about freshwater fishing in stocked lakes here.

10. monstercatcher

State:
    california
    Hey brother u going with someone to the canels

11. monstercatcher

State:
    california
    Welcome to the B O C brother

12. Smokin

Smokin New Member

State:
    Ca
    Not sure if the boat will be full yet or not. I will know more later. I do know it is my wife me and one friend right now not sure if anothr guy is going or not. If he dont your welcome to come along if you dont mind fishing from a boat.

13. lovedasmelloffish

State:
    California
    Its a nice little spot behind the houses at the dead end. It will make for good over night stay during the summers. I liked the easy access to it and clearing along the river. Hard to find spots like that now days from the bank in Cali. Hopefully the catfish bite ( and striper) is good when it warms up in that area!

14. Smokin

Smokin New Member

State:
    Ca
    I am suprised there is still access there in that area due to the houses. Last time I was at the Y heck you couldnt even go fishing off the bank there like people have done for years. All posted keep out no fishing etc. I do miss the old bar and store at mossdale too was handy when you wanted something to drink or eat.