Went over to Indian Lake this Morning

Discussion in 'WEST VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by WV Catcatcher, Jun 2, 2008.

1. WV Catcatcher

WV Catcatcher New Member

State:
    west virginia
    I went over to indian lake this morning. Caught a couple of nice channel cats. One chicken breast and shrimp. A buddy down below me caught about a 30 to 35 pound blue on a chub. Fish seemed to be biting pretty good until the the sun came out around 10:30, Fish seemed to be more active when it was cloudy.

2. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Thanks for a great fishing report, Jason.

Welcome to the BOC! :0a25:

3. Jerry60k

Jerry60k Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Hey Jason you passed by some good flathead waters down at the river on the way to the lake :wink:

I used to fish Indian Lake all the time when I was 13-14 and I lived up Frame.I mostly fished it for Trout and then channel cats.

4. WV Catcatcher

WV Catcatcher New Member

State:
    west virginia
    Thanks Jeremiad

Jerry i really like the fishing the river. But lately i have really gotten hooked on the lake. I need to make a trip to the river soon. Jason

5. WV Catcatcher

WV Catcatcher New Member

State:
    west virginia
    Got some blue gill and chicken breast going back over agian in the morning.

6. WV Catcatcher

WV Catcatcher New Member

State:
    west virginia
    Fish were biting descent caught 2 had one get off. Caught about a 3 pound flattie and a really nice 12 pound channel cat. Also seen a nice 27 pound flattie caught right down below me. Caught both my fish on shrimp.

7. bigbengal

bigbengal New Member

State:
    WV
    Where exactly is Indian lake located in WV? I live in Logan County and I have never heard of it.

8. Jerry60k

Jerry60k Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Its on Rt 114 near Pinch wich is near Elkview.

It is usualy a great place to get some eaters and there are some very big and old flatheads in there.

I know for a fact there was a 26 lb 46 inch flatty put in thier by myself 10 yrs ago.If its still living its a beast for sure.

9. mrshadetree0222

mrshadetree0222 New Member

State:
    Buffalo, WV.
    I havent fish that thier lake in over 15yrs. Is it still a pay lake? All the great local water we have and your paying to fish somewhere? Used to be $20.00 2 poles? No live bait! Whats the scoop at indian lake nowa days?

10. WV Catcatcher

WV Catcatcher New Member

State:
    west virginia
    Its 12 for two poles and use all the live bait you want. Its the only place i really like to fish.