Went out Wed

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Dredge, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    Went out Wed.around 8A.M..Had a hard time with bait.3 shad,4 asian minnows and 2 drum in 1 hr. Finally caught an asian in my landing net as he hit the water.A 30lb. asian makes a lot of cut bait.Caught several small channels.Motored to the Miss. After about 20 minutes fihing a 35foot hole,I got a Blue 27".After getting him in,Iturn around and my dads pole is bent near double.I ask if he's snagged.He says no,it's a fish he can't turn or budge.Since he uses light tackle,20lb. test,I decide to chase the fish.I finally get on top of it and we begin easing it up.Since his reel won't pull it up,I start pulling up line by hand,gently so it don't break the line.I get it to the top,and see the biggest Flathead of my life.Iget my net under it as the line finally breaks,and it didn't fit in the net.My net has a 36" hoop.Any idea how much a Flattie that big weighs?We don't.Anyway,we had fun,and they were biting.

2. catfishchris

catfishchris Active Member

State:
    missouri
    Mike sounds like you all had a good morning on the river. Thanks for the report.

3. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    sounds like a good mornin

4. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    OH, Dredge, those fish that get away can be every bit as big as you would like. LOL
    Sorry, couldn't resist. Sounds like you two had a good time and that is what counts, not the actual fish. Also sounds like you father needs a bit of upgrading to his equipment.

5. SLIPKNOT

SLIPKNOT New Member

State:
    Alton,IL

Every bit of that........lol

6. Beckman

Beckman New Member

State:
    O'Fallon MO
    He probably went over 200lbs. :wink: Hey...why not?:eek:oooh:

7. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    For some strange reason,he decided to commandeer my Tidewater 30 reel on a 7ft. Big Game rod right after the break-off.It's the first time he's used anything over a medium rig.You should have seen his first cast.He's only 5'7",120lbs.I thought he was going with the rig.:smile2:

8. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    sounds like a world record flathead to me..give me a call next time...I go out hunting cats with ya...

9. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    Willie,I fished the bank for years.Never saw anything like the ones you haul in.Maybe we can make an arrangment.You take me bank fishing,I'll take you in my boat.

10. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    Michael, You have yourself a deal.. Just make sure you bring lots of lead.. We get alot of hang ups on the bank up here..but the fish are there so its worth it i guess...lol let me know when your ready..Im free just about every evening after 5pm

11. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    Willie
    Don't lose all your lead now...we have to get a 50lber for my new net..:wink:

12. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    sounds good Scott.... Give me a call when you wanna get that net dirty...
    Im free any evening after 5pm

13. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    make sure you have 4-wheel drive

14. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Why dont you guys take the boat to the bank fishing spot and you may not loose as much lead and you will be more comfortable:wink:

15. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    now your talking Bob.... But the nearest ramp will be downtown.. enless we put in at CB and lock through.. But like Brandon said make sure you have 4 wheel drive....lol or you can just meet me somewhere and ride with me

16. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    If you don't mind fishing out of fishing Flamm City,you could pick me and the boat up.I only live a mile or so from the river.I need to wait a week or so,though.I have a few things to take care of.

17. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I thought you were going to get rid of that body last night? Geez!!!:wink:

18. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    I had a few other things to do first.Now,I can go throw out the chum.:wink: