Went out tonight

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Mo.Hick, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Went out for about 3 1/2 hours this evening. Saw a lot of deer. All does except two spike bucks. Nothing to sho0t at. But had a great time anyway. Man is it great to get out and enjoy what God gave us to enjoy. To me it was a very succesful hunt.
    Tom

2. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Yep, any time spent out in the outdoors is a successful hunt!:wink:

3. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Anytime in the stand is awesome. Glad ya had a great night

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Put up another stand this morning. Next week is gonna start the pursuit!:big_smile: rollo

5. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    My next day off is this thursday. I am going to finially get a chance to move a stand from one field to about a 4 acre wheat field food plot that I have and the deer are tearing up. Hope to get to hunt it saturday.

Tom

6. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Just stay after it Tom, a few bucks are already chasing doe's up here according to what we have been seeing at night. Chris

7. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Nothing to shoot at? Why not shoot a doe? I would, because it's deer management! Anyhow, the meat to me is somewhat of a better quality too. Around here, I don't hesitate to shoot a doe. To damn many horn hunters. Shooting a nice buck is iciing on the cake!!

8. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I agree with ya, Mark. Any deer meat is good; a buck just gives you a little "braggin' rights". But to kill a good mature doe is just as tough as getting a good buck.
    Good luck to all of ya!!!

9. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    some of my favorite hunts i never killed anything...

10. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Thanks Ladyfish!! Believe me, I've been busted by many more smart mature does, than any buck!! To me, shooting a mature doe in the 3-4yr. age class is a winning battle for any bowhunter. They are just plain smart, to say the least. Especially when they are on guard during the rut and when they're with their young!! Their sense of smell, sight and hearing is phenominal!!

11. team salmon

team salmon New Member

State:
    kansas
    I think the main reason a guy doesn't want to shoot a doe during the rut (pre rut that is ) is due to the fact if you're limited to the amount of ground you have to hunt dragging a deer across it doesn't exactly help in the non education of the bucks in that area - not that shooting a big buck is all hunting is about however the rut is the time of the year you have the best oppurtunity to do it why do something that could lessen that chance? There is still plenty of time to harvest does - plus if ya wait another 3 weeks or so you should be able to hang a deer longer which would only make the meat that much better imo - and yes I'll agree those does are better eatin - ecspecialy the younger ones.

12. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Well to get right down to it Mark. The few that hunts my place has to shoot a doe first no matter what!!!!!!! I have already got my doe. The other day the only thing that was in range was deer born this year. I DO PRACTICE GOOD MANAGEMENT on my place!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have also bought extra anterless tags to get rid of some of the over populated does around here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom

13. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I'm suppose to take a man from Conway in the morning. Never met the guy but his mother in law says he's a good bowhunter. Gettin cold out this evenin and hopefully they'll move in the mornin. I'm hopin to stick a big doe.