Went out today

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by ka_c4_boom, Feb 20, 2007.

1. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    took my step son fishin today on the ohio river it was raining most of it but we still tried , i caught one 18" blue cat while snaggin at markland dam came home cleaned it and now the boy is eating it , he says its great , i dont guess his mother and i will know cause it was small but least it aint going to waiste

2. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

IS there still big chunks of ice in the river??

3. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    no the only ice i saw was above the dam and yeah it was built so thick you could probly walk across . the ice was backed up to the end of the lock wall . the water bellow the dam was low and swift . i didnt catch any skip jacks even though i fished for them for 2 hours sabiki's and jigs .

4. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

Thanks, im planning on hitting the river this weekend down by Rising Sun..Hope they are biting.

5. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Glad you guys were able to get out!!!

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    glad ya were able to go out with your boy and have the fellowship togather

7. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Charles -Good job getting out and trying! It can be tough this time of year on the rivers!

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats on getting out.I went over to a couple local ponds yesterday but they were still too frozen over.I think I'm gonna hit the river Fri. or Sat.