Went out for a while lastnight

Discussion in 'WEST VIRGINIA RIVER TALK' started by barboot1, Oct 4, 2008.

1. barboot1

barboot1 New Member

State:
    WV
    I went out to my spot on the Mon from around 7pm to 11:30 pm lastnight. Tried out a new reel. Caught 5 fish 4 channel cats and one flahead. Caught 3 on night crawler and 2 on cut bluegill. Biggest one was a channel cat right under 14lbs caught on the cut bait. It was around 50 degrees here lastnight with the wind blowing so it was chilly. Gonna try and hit it again tonight if at all possible.

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Good luck fishing. That sounds like a real nice channel catfish

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thanks for the report. Thats a nice channel you caught. Beats the one I caught last night by about 10lbs...:smile2:
    Good luck tonight!:cool2:

4. barboot1

barboot1 New Member

State:
    WV
    Thanks, Gonna take the digital camera tonight so i can get a few pics hopefully of a nice big flathead:big_smile:

5. Capt.mike jr

Capt.mike jr New Member

State:
    ohio
  6. barboot1

barboot1 New Member

State:
    WV
    Thanks, Wish I had gotten a pic. :embarassed: Gonna ask Santa for a digital camers just to keep in the old tackle box

7. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    good deal, good weight on the channel

8. barboot1

barboot1 New Member

State:
    WV
    The mon river here most people dont target just flatheads. Most I have seen or fished with just try for what ever will bite. I usually take 2 or 3 poles and I try different baits thorugh out the time I'm fishing. I wil say that most fish I catch are channel cats. They hit on just about anything. Hell I caught one last month on chicken skin form a bucket of KFC we had with us:confused2:

9. BassinWv

BassinWv New Member

State:
    WV
    Hey barboot1 where on the mon do u fish? I fish in morgantown above the dam.

10. barboot1

barboot1 New Member

State:
    WV
    I fish in maidsville a good bit. I have a buddy that has property right on the river and he has rod holders set up and lights for night fishing. Pretty sweet set up. I grew up in first ward right up from the dam. I use to fish that streach of water from the water treratment plan to the dam all the time.

11. BassinWv

BassinWv New Member

State:
    WV
    If you need a fishing buddy sometime give me a shout, im always down for some cats.

12. barboot1

barboot1 New Member

State:
    WV
    Sounds like a plan. I may hit the river Friday night after work and maybe saturday afternoon. I'll shoot ya pm

13. BassinWv

BassinWv New Member

State:
    WV
    Darn, i work both nights.

14. barboot1

barboot1 New Member

State:
    WV
    That sux:sad2: Might go sunday if the weather is good