Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddies called me up as I was mowing a lawn today and asked if i wanted to fish. they seen some of the pictures of my crappie and bullheads I've been catching in a little pond by my house and they wanted to catch some themselves. The rain we got had flooded the yards around the pond so we had to wade to get to my spot. well we took the quad :D only caught 4 crappie 2 bass and 4 bullheads so we left to go try to catch some chubs from a creek for cut bait. the creek was all rapids so we couldn't see or catch any chubs. After going back to my place to grab the net and poles and bait we went out catfishing finally. caught over 10 fish total in 4 hours. the smallest was 6 pounds and the biggest was 15 pounds. I got a few pictures of the fish we caught.

We used hotdogs and the long frenchbread rolls for bait. tried cut bait but no luck today on cut bait.

also, if there is anyone wanting to fish for some big channels and they live in illinois around elgin/southelgin send me a message. the more fisherman the funner it is.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the fishing didn't really start till one of my lady friends left. it always picks up as she leaves. it was about 7:30 when we got the first fish and 8:45 for the last fish. We chum with dogfood and corn. before we go out next time were gonna chum an hour or so before we fish and see if we catch more then usual.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yessir I completely agree. Went out today got only one cat. brought him back and grilled him up. it was a small female and she had already spawned. that means I can take one everyonce in awhile again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.