Went out again tonight ..

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by Montgomery, May 13, 2007.

1. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    well went to eastwood lake again. it was very windy hard to bank fish really . i did catch one about 6 or 7 pounds. on shrimp. i couldn't seem to find the deep water i dont think . i had to cast as faras possible . i couldn't even here my bait land. and then finally it would pull some line out . like it was sinking deeper. once i finally did that after trying everything else. i did start getting some decent hits . no runs or nothing . but out 60 yards i found fish . wish i had a boat !! any one else do any good...

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    mike you sound like your discouraged? we went out tonight and caught a few. you can't get upset with it. Especially, if your just lake fishing. your not gonna catch the numbers there that you can catch in the rivers. trust me, lake fishing will break a man down, and put him insane before he finally gets the night your fishing for. It is persistence that pays off. when things get or seem bad, remember.... you can't catch them from the couch!!!!...hang in there...rollo.:smile2:

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Little brother and myself went out to Buckeye Lake last night. We were there for 3 hours and threw everything from Shad, Gills, Liver, Worms, Shrimp, and Stink bait at em without even a nibble. I think that cold front threw em off last night. It sure was windy and chilly on the water.

We'll get em next time.

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Hey Tea what part of Buckeye were you at? I was at picnic point for a couple of hours with my family and like you was skunked. Windy as h3ll I was cold cause I didnt bring long pants or sweatshirt I was hurting LOL.

5. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hey bros just got back from all night fishing myself. Me and one of my fishing bros I work with hit laugherys creek in aurora Indiana by the old ramp and did some bank fishing.We caught several channel and turtles which if your familiar with this creek is to be expected the biggest channel i caught probably only went 4 pounds but i did get a soft shell old turtle bigger than a stop sign.I was able to get the hook out of him and kicked him back in so he could aggravate future fisherman:big_smile: It was a great night even though the wind got a little bit heavy at times.

6. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i love when people actually reply to a thread. especially if there giving there fishing reports or lack of i guess. i like to keep it about the fishing period. i have posted i think on other topics. but really when i come here i want to know about catfishing period. nothing else . well maybe the u.f.c. thanks guys .