Went Ice Fishing Today!

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Pennsylvaniacatchaser, Feb 17, 2007.

1. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I got out on a local lake this afternoon for about 3 hours of ice fishing. Ice was about 10" thick. It was about 16* with a bit of wind blowing but I done pretty well catching 8 Largemouth Bass and 23 Bluegills. My camera battery died after about the 5th photo which is a real shame cause a couple of the biggest fish were caught after the battery died!:sad2: I attached the pics I did take. You Southern folk will get cold just viewing these photos!:lol:

Attached Files:

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Two more photos from my ice trip!

Attached Files:

3. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    What were you using for bait? I have never ice fished, but we've had a real cold spell and I read in the local paper outdoors section about several of the smaller ponds around here are iced up enough to fish with 4-8 inch thick ice.

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I was using medium size fatheads for bait!

5. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Hey Scott, im glad you got some ice fishing in thanks for the pics. I went by lake George yesterday on the way to work and there were two pickups with plows out on the lake plowing out areas for guys to fish. The Storm we had this past week left 30 inches of snow on the ice. Im working again today but im hoping to get out there a couple of times next week. Ill let ya know how i do.

6. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    That ain't nothin' to sneeze at... Good lookin' catch.

Ol' Man
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    You are given the chance to take part in an exciting adventure.

7. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Wow! looks like ya' had a ball! I love that reel you got on that pistolgrip. Very nice! I love those kind of reels.

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Man youre a tuff guy . nice lookin catch

9. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Thanks for the Report Scott.I love that OLD REEL You were using,I have a Fue like that I bought NEW,Sorta Dates this Old FART Dosen't it? LOL. J.D.
    :big_smile_2:

10. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Nice fish, i love ice fishing but don't get to do it very often in southern indiana. we have had some REAL cold weather though (we had a 3 day span where it didn't get above 15) and we have more than plenty of ice, 10-12 inches. So we went out saturday afternoon. Caught 65 bluegills, kept probably 30. 15 crappie (all real nice, 10+) and two small channels. man that channel was fun on an ice fishing reel and 2 pound test! good job and keep getting out!