Went Hunting for a different Quarry!

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by Kittycatcher, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Kittycatcher

Kittycatcher New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Te
    Well, Bryan and me went fishing on November 10, 2007 just above the Cumberland City Steam Plant. We got a late start so we were set up about 0930 in the morning. There was a little current so we had to double anchor the boat to fish. We were getting bites to start out on frozen shipjack. Most of our bites were what we call wimp fish, they couldn't pull the clicker when they are picking at the bait. My center rod clicker started to go so I reach up to set drag again and my outside rod that was cast up on the bank loaded up. This fish I thought was bigger than it was for I was having a hard time turning him in the direction that I wanted him to go, and just didn't want to come off the bottom of the river. I fought this for about 15 minutes before we landed him. The fist picture is the weight of the Blue Catfish. The Secound picture is the fish with a happy person.

Attached Files:

2. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Good fish Bob, now which one is the fish ? :eek:oooh:

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Congratulations Robert, thats a dandy!!

4. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    I'm telling you. I'm gonna move those rod holders to my side of the boat. That or start carrying a hacksaw to cut them with. They gotta be the lucky holders now. And if I can find that darned fish truck driver, he's gonna be in trouble. He can't tell his left from right. LOL My side, not his! LOL

5. caneycat

caneycat New Member

State:
    Texas
    Nice blue cat:big_smile:

6. stephens

stephens New Member

State:
    clarksville tn
    thats a nice blue bob. the good thing is the guide didnt make you walk home.

7. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Bob, you ought to be ashamed of yourself makin poor ole Bryan look bad like that.LOL Way to go buddy, that is a pretty one for sure.

8. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Very nice fish.

9. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    WTG Bob! that is a nice looking blue.

Jaime

10. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Nice fish and thanx for sharein. Although from what I understand it ain't that hard to outfish Whistler. LOL!

11. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Nice fish!! I don't know what Whistler's whinin' about. You not only gave him a free lesson, you let him take the picture too!

12. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Nice fish Bob!:wink:I bet that was fun!

13. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Thats a good looken blue BOB. Whistler sure takes good pic.s , maybe next time his luck will change and maybe get to be in the pic with you and your fish.(lol):smile2: