Went fishing with the family

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by ryang, Jun 4, 2006.

1. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    First of all Matt Im sorry I didnt call I wasnt expecting my wife and other son to go so getting everything ready I plain forgot. However for any of you that are close to Buckey Lake, right off of Picnic point they are hitting good. I was there for about 3 hours yesterday and we caught 4 decent eaters (all about 2-3.5 lbs). All were caught on worm. A storm looked like it was coming in about 9:30 and I forgot my lantern and my sons were starting to get cold you get the picture LOL. Well on my way back to the Van I saw Tony and Jason and BSed with them for about 5min (how did you guys do by the way).

There was another family on the Point at the same time was their first time out ever I was amazed but he caught about a 3 lbr also off of minnow. Good times hopeing now that my slump is over I can start getting alot more of them,

2. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Way to go, Gary and family! :006:

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Thanks Jen, had a good time suprisingly LOL. My 4 year old wasnt really interested so I took his pole out, my 7 year old pretty much does for himself, my wife wont bait her own hook or take fish off LOL, but I was able to get some time in. I pretty much got mine ready first then Threw them out not expecting anything but I finally got one then wife got one then I got another and let my wife and youngest bring it in then I got another and let my oldest bring it in so it was all good. Im just glad that no matter the size there are fish out there LOL.

4. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    we fished thru the storm and moved around to the south shore at fairfield beach and they were hitting hard and had some good runs but only hooked one ,jason got it on cut chub

5. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    took my wife catting for the first time...she was ready to go home till she hooked into a large blue...after that she was holding her pole going'' here kitty kitty kitty''...lol...gotta love family fishing

6. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Kind of the same situation my oldest was mad cause he wasnt catching anything, I hooked the last one as we were picking up to leave and gave it to him to reel in he had a blast. Then after we did that I practiced trying to spool my reel (just practicing LOL I need to rerig it anyways) my son wanted to try so I let him try to cast the elusive baitcaster and he did Ok with it still needs help and the pole was a little tall for him to manage. I have two of my Dads baitcasters that I may get a little 5 footer pole for him should work pretty good with.

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Gary nice to hear you got out with the family. No big deal on not calling, we will meet up next time. I ended up fishing out out at Hargus and tore em up.................not!!

8. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
  9. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    Good Job on the fish,some of my best trips are out with my 6y/o fishing for pan fish.