went fishing wed.

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by truman lake guy, Jan 27, 2006.

1. truman lake guy

truman lake guy New Member

State:
    mo
    havent ever fished in winter for cats ! went to truman lake in missouri. fished jugs for about 6 hours in the daytime, cut carp for bait. caught 6 . 2 channels about 3lbs each, 2 blues about the same size, and 2 blues about 10lbs each.. they were in about 7ft of water at the edge of tree stumps. i do believe i might try that again !!!! :)

2. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Happy to hear somone is at least fishing. LOL!!! Good luck on your next time out.

Ray

3. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I got to go. Next weekend I'm going. I ain't going to care what the weather will be and won't care if I catch anything. But I'm going. As a matter or fact, I'm camping too. Know why? Cause I can. Ain't married anymore. :)

4. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    congrats on the fish

5. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    Congrats, Im just happy that someone is catching something besides colds!

6. Mountain Cur

Mountain Cur New Member

State:
    Missouri, Warsaw
    I crossed Truman Dam about an hour ago and there was one hearty soul with about 15 jugs spread out around him. The water looked a little rough for jug fish'n, but I decided to watch. I was to far away to see how big the fish were he caught, but he picked up three in about fifteen minutes. He was fishing over the channel. (?)Open water(?).

"""Ya can't catch'em from the sofa.""" :)

7. SangamonCatKiller

SangamonCatKiller New Member

State:
    central illinois
    I sat out saturday all day with cut shad and didn't get one run. Might have something to do with the fact that it is 30 degrees with water temps not much above that....

8. gilly

gilly New Member

State:
    Texas
    Went out last weekend, right after it stopped raining.....went to my usual baited hole. Best day ever. In one hour caught 15 fish. 3@ 3#'s, 1@ 4.5#'s, 1@ 6#'s and the rest were around 1/2-2 lbs. Using chum and Danny King's punch bait. 20 ft of water in thick cover. Water temp about 55 degrees.

Weather has been rather warm this year in TX, so that might help keep the cats a bitin.