Went fishing today for Trout in Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by Pennsylvaniacatchaser, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I went out fishing today after work. I went to Glade Run Lake (Butler County) which is a special regulation Trout Lake where you can fish the whole month of March. I arrived at 4:20PM and fished till 6:30PM. I caught 6 Rainbow Trout, nothing large but they ranged from about 9" to 12" I was just so happy to catch a fish after having cabin fever for so long! It was so cool to reel in a fish again! Bring on spring, I'm ready!:)

2. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    great job! i got out fishing but caught nothing, i was fishing for bass and sunniesmaybe after another warm day or two it will warm up enough for them to become actice

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Went out again today after work to Glade Run Lake. I fished with my good buddy Billy B. We caught a combined total of 10 Rainbow Trout. We fished from 4:10 PM till 6:30 PM. I'm attaching a photo of two of the trout. Note my vintage Garcia Mitchell 305 Reels from the 1950's

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    The attachment didn't work, let me try again.

Attached Files:

5. Rockjumper

Rockjumper New Member

State:
    Parker,Pennsylvania
    Glade run, I have heard of it, is that what they call harbor acers???

6. Skammer

Skammer New Member

State:
    Pa.
    Nice trout!

Your reels are the first thing I did notice on the pic. I used the 305s back in the 50s. I still have some of the full size Mitchels from back then.

7. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Reminds me of being in Oregon, camping on a clear stream and having fresh fish and fried taters for breakfast and of course cowboy coffee. mummmm
    Goooood

Nice fish

Danny

8. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Rockjumper - No, Glade Run Lake and Harbor Acre Lake are not the same place. Glade Run Lake is located about 10 miles S. of Butler just off Rt.228. It is also known as Glade Mills. Harbor Acre Lake is about 15 miles N. of Butler east of RT.38, it is also stocked with Trout and open the month of March. I have fished both lakes.

9. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Skammer - Glad you noticed the old Mitchells right away. I've been collecting and using the Mitchells for years. I love old retro fishing tackle and it's always interesting when someone recognizes the reels and tells me a story about using one years ago. The old French Mitchell's were built like tanks. The bail springs tend to wear out over time but are readily available on ebay. I plan on doing all my fishing this year exclusively with the vintage Mitchell's! :)

10. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    FishMan - camping along a trout stream in Oregon! That sounds pretty awesome! I'm going out again Sat. morning. I'll post more photos if I have any luck!

11. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    One of the best baits that are out there for trout is the trout magnet. There is also crappie magnet, this works really good also.

12. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I fished Glade Run Lake on Saturday and kicked butt! Fished from 7:30AM till 11:40AM. I caught 21 Rainbow Trout. Got a few nice ones in the 13" - 14" range. I took photos and will post them but right now I can't find the disc there on. I took the disc out of the camera and can't find it! I must be loosin' it!

13. Rockjumper

Rockjumper New Member

State:
    Parker,Pennsylvania
    Pennsylvaniacatchaser, you did better than I did. I caught one 18"walleye out of the river. What a nice day. The sun in the morning sure felt good. Is glade run the same as harbor acers? I know some people that fish what they call harbor acers and I think it is open all year long. Congrads on your catch, I can smell the fish frying!LOL

14. back channel

back channel Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    That's a great day catching 21 trout. I went out to look at Raccon Creek Lake yesterday, i couldn't fish, but no one was catching anything. One guy said he caught 1 small trout. Everyone seemed to be pretty disappointed.

15. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I found the camera disc. Here are some photos from my Saturday morning Trout fishing adventure.

Attached Files:

16. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    3 more photos from Saturday!

Attached Files:

17. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Another 3 from Saturday!

Attached Files:

18. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Rockjumper - I answered your question about Harbor Acre Lake on the 1st page of this thread. Congrats on the 18" Walleye. The river will be messed up now with all the rain we got last night. If your interested in going out to Glade Run Lake for some Trout angling let me know.

19. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Hit Glade Run Lake again this afternoon with my two youngest daughters. We caught 16 Rainbow Trout. We fished from 1PM till 3:40PM. Water was a bit cloudy from the heavy rains last night and this morning but the fish were bitin'. I'm attaching photo's of todays action.

Attached Files:

20. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Three more from today!

Attached Files: