Went fishing this morning - Pine Creek, Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by buddah, Jul 4, 2006.

1. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    This is where I'm blessed to live, Tucked in the Pine Creek Valley in Pennsylvania. I went fishing early this morning and I took my camera. I just had to share this veiw!

Pine Creek 1
    [​IMG]
    Pine Creek 2
    [​IMG]
    Pine Creek 3
    [​IMG]
    Buddah's Tackle
    [​IMG]

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I'm jealous,its beautiful up there!!! Looks like a good spot to go fishing and live.

3. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    It is brother! :) There 2 Bald Eagles fishing the lake too but I just couldnt catch em' on film! Hooked into a few nice trout early this morning and a few LM Bass on the lake.

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Looks like a beautiful place! Enjoy your fishing time there! Thanks for sharing the photos!

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Great pictures, thanks for sharing. That would be a peaceful place to go to get away from Everything.

6. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    A little too quiet sometimes! I am so dissapointed at the local gov't up here! They dredged the lake last year and stocked the lake/dam with rainbow and brown trout! No bass or pike or muskies ect....anymore!! It's all about the money from the "flatlanders" that pay out the wang to come here to catch a trout in Pa. mountains....grrr! what do you think about that? Am I the only one that thinks destroying natural fauna and habitat for money is wrong? Is it really a "neccesery evil"?

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Money will make people do just about anything brother. If they see income for their economy they would stock piranas. LMAO

8. tbartek

tbartek New Member Supporting Member

State:
    New Germany, PA
    I agree with you 100% buddah. We have the same thing in my neck of the woods. There is a stream near my hunting camp called Spruce Creek. You've probably heard of it. It's the place Jimmy Carter used to come to fish when he was President. :ah: Sorry, that brings back BAD memories of gas lines and odd even filling days. Anyway, there is a court case pending right now that could effect all of PA. Some rich BAS#$*DS have an exclusive fishing club there that costs $70,000.00 to join and has dues of $35,000.00 per year that have closed access to a huge section of the stream from the public. They have even stretched wires across the stream and try to prevent anyone from accessing "their" stream by boat or wading. There is an old law in PA that says you cannot close a navigable public stream. These rich idiots are contesting it and if they win it might sound the death toll for a lot of other streams in this state. I used to fish that creek as a kid. My dad and I used to go there for crayfish to take to the river for channel cats. Now you drive by and see guys with $1000 dollar fly rods and all their Orvis gear flyfishing in "their" stream stocked with OUR license fees. Sorry but it really pisses me off!

9. great pappy cat

great pappy cat Active Member

State:
    P.A
    Hi buddah my father owns property in woolrich so I know pine creek well.It is the most breath taking creek Ive ever seen especially around the gourge A.K.A the grand canyon of pennsylvainia.The smallmouth bass is the reason Im addicted to fishing.That creek has more hellgramites and stone cats than any Ive baited.You mentioned sturgeon at the mouth?This intriged me since Ive only heard of 1 98# caught in an eel weir in the Juniata R in the late 1800s.Ive fished the mouth 2 times but its a heck of a hike from the last bridge.I tryed to fish it a 3rd time the easy way but the farmer ran me out.Is there a way to access the mouth by boat or land?

10. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Well, that would probably be Rusty Rosenburg's farm or Ol' Ted Doebler's Corn feilds.. I'm related to both of em'. They usually dont run people off unless they're partying or building fires or causing crop damage. I imagine you just showed up after some kind of problem down there. I wouldn't take it personally. Thats their livelyhood. But, YES...Their are sturgeon in there according to the PFBC! The only way I go is probably the same way you got there. I walked through the feild but it was already cut though. I lived in South Avis so It was just a short walk. Now I live in Cammal Pa. outside of Waterville. Their are those "Flatlanders" fishing the water right behind me!...I had to chase one of em' away from me. He seen me catch a 16" Brown and tried to make small talk to "reel me in" He goes..." is that a St.Croix? so, whats on up here? ya think this'll work?" I said "ABSOLUTELY"...(It was a steelhead type streamer/fly, it won't work) this guy thought he could just wade right out beside me....I don't think so!! GRRRR. Yup, I'm VERY familiar with Spruce Creek. Did you know that thats a suspected place of the great HOFFA mystery? Apparently that was a meeting spot for some of the Mobs elite. I'm not positive of the validity of these claims but thats the lore anyway! do you go to Woolrich anymore?

11. tbartek

tbartek New Member Supporting Member

State:
    New Germany, PA
    great pappy cat welcome to the BOC:0a25:

12. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Yes, excuse my poor manners...WELCOME brother to the B.O.C.! :big_smile:

13. gmhudak

gmhudak New Member

State:
    Enon Valley, PA
    i was checking out your pics there, buddah. It's beautiful wherever that is. Take care, Geoff