Went fishing this evening

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by rompn84yota, Jun 25, 2006.

1. rompn84yota

rompn84yota New Member

State:
    Indiana
    this afternoon me and a buddy took my canoe out to one of my decent fishing spots. we were using nightcrawlers and big sized minnows. a little after 7 is when the channels were really hitting hard. biggest was 5lbs but lots of 3 and 4 pounders. anybody else doing any good? if so what kinda baits are you having luck with?

2. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Sounds like you guys had a good afternoon of fishing. I was out for a little bit yesterday evening myself down on the White River. The water was still up so I just fished from one of my "high water spots", had one line out with a live bluegill on it and had one weak run with that and it got the bait and then no more action with bluegills. Then I had a line out with cut chub on it, had a few small turtle like hits, then one solid run, set the hook and felt it tug once and the hook popped out of his mouth.

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Congrats on the catches, looks like yall did well.

4. yellerbelly69

yellerbelly69 New Member

State:
    indiana
    iv been doin pretty good on gold fish, also u might want to try this out, its basically my go to bait when nothin else seems to work.
    take a square tupper wear container, line the bottom with parmesian cheese and garlic salt, then chunk up some beef steak or stew meat, and cover the top with parmesian and garlic salt. let it sit in the fridge for a day or two and let the meat absorb the flavor. dont use to big of pieces or ull lose alot of fish, but thats what seems to be workin for me. good luck

5. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Thanks for the tip yellerbelley, and if you don't catch anything, you can always eat the steak haha.

6. rompn84yota

rompn84yota New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i usually use boneless chicken breast from the local grocery store. and i use garlic salt and parmesian cheese but also use sweet anisin on it then i let it back in the sun for a few days to toughen it up...seems to stay on the hook really good. i plan on doing some fishing tonight in the canoe...guna try some shad and chicken breast...hopefully they are biten

7. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    me and the boy have been killin the channel cats on danny kings bait. we outfished everyone at the dam 20-1!

8. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    That great Tim, What an endorsement. If you just had made a video you might be able to sell it for a advertisement. :smile2:

9. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Ridgerunner and myself went out to our place on our local creek. Ridge was catching bullheads on chicken liver and we had a few bites on nightcrawlers. I had one pole stuck out with a Bluegill head soaked in Cod Liver oil and got one channel 5lbs 3 onces. That was all for the night.

10. whitewhiskers

whitewhiskers New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    i've been canoe'n on the Patoka river. gittin good eatin size channels 2/8lbs on crawlers n liver anybody close to Huntingburg or Jasper?

11. diver268

diver268 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    My semi-brother and I hit Eagle Creek yesterday wading. We caught around 60-70 channels from 10 am til 6 pm. We also both had smallmouths over 16". After grabbing a pizza for dinner we decided to set out for the night on the reservoir. Our first cat was around 15-16 pounds. We caught around another 10-12 cats until we called it quits at 2:00am. We also cught several wipers sitting out last night. Great night to be out. Had numerous firework shows to watch, a nice cool breeze adn lots of action.