Went Fishing on WF White River

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by pikeintheboat, Mar 17, 2020.

1. pikeintheboat

pikeintheboat Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    South Central Indiana
    Name:
    Matt
    All-

Tried a new(to me) spot today on the White River. Had pretty good access, if you don't mind 4x4. Feels like a decent spot, if I can keep my bait on the bottom. I had 6oz on the line, but the sinker-slider was allowing my bait to be pulled and let out the clicker. Next time I'll use a 3-way with breakaway weight setup and a float on the leader to keep the bait off the bottom a bit.

At the bottom of the pic is the jeep trail, and a nice head of hole accessible from the bank: upload_2020-3-17_19-11-11.png

No fish, but I got out today. I was able to use my new reels and get acquainted with them. They seem pretty good, but feel a little big on the rods for casting. I might try the cl-200's for bank fishing, instead of the 300's. Also, I am starting to prefer Carp rods and surf gear for the extended handle. The shorter handles feel too small for bank fishing. My setups will work perfectly on the boat.

Getting out and fishing today helped to hit the reset button when our world is all up in a tizzy. I've been told to work from home from now on and IU has suspended in-person instruction for the remainder of the semester... I am lucky; some of us don't have that option of home-office. We just need to ride this out. For now, I am going Catfishing!

BRAINWAVES: For those about to rock, we salute you........... Been in my head all day today.

Matt

Attached Files:

2. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    Looks like a nice bank spot Matt! And a nice place to forget about the world for a while :)

3. pikeintheboat

State:
    South Central Indiana
    Name:
    Matt
    Yeah, if it doesn't get pounded by the locals it should be a good one. I think though it has a lot of pressure.

4. twaskom

twaskom Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Tom
    If you can drive anywhere close to it,,,,,,it does.

5. Jbuck

Jbuck Well-Known Member

State:
    il
    Name:
    Jay
    Sometimes just fishing is good enough even if one does not get into the fish. I put a radio in the boat because the owner (my wife) wanted one but for me just being on the water is enough, nothing to call my attention back to the troubles of the world while I am out there.

pikeintheboat and typer181 like this.
  6. treddinwater

treddinwater Well-Known Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Name:
    Rick
    Looks like a nice spot to put a tent up and pull an all nighter. I can't wait for the spring weather to take hold.

eastforker and pikeintheboat like this.
  7. pikeintheboat

State:
    South Central Indiana
    Name:
    Matt
    Yeah. Hoping we aren't confined to our homes. I'd love to fish the river over night.

Matt

eastforker likes this.