went fishing last night

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by River_monster91, Apr 30, 2009.

1. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    well me and gus went and hit his favorites flathead hole last night about 30 min befor dark. got there, got set up and waited. not to long gus had a decent hit but not good enuff for a hookset. stayed there till about 9 30 with gus getting another hit and me getting a hit, but no fish. heading out at 5 30 tonight.

2. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Thanks for the report Donnie....tonight might be the night for that big one..Good luck and tell Gus I said Hi..!

3. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    Wow, Gus is going to let you fish with him 2 nights in a row? I have always admired his patients and tolerance. :smile2: Good luck tonight guys, would love to be fishing but it is a 3 day Army weekend for me.

4. kansas_catman_16

kansas_catman_16 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    went fishing down on the ark no luck on cats but ALOT of buffalo gone try again tonight mmayb

5. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    went fishing today and got a 12# channel and a 18# flathead both on circles and shad both slammed the rod & peeled the drag in the holder. wish there were more but other than that just a couple taps

6. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    went to a sandpit last night and had a few nibbles but the river is flowing so fast it just takes my 5oz no rolls right up beside the bank. head out when it drops.

7. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Put some more weight on an get back out there and catch a fish I was using 16oz out in the channel on the river and 8oz closer to the bank.

8. kansas_catman_16

State:
    Kansas
    i was fishing from the bridge here in wichita with 8ounces held no problem

9. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    8 oz. will hold just fine when your fishing with the current coming from behind you. Try fishing the cross current when the river is up and rolling. Itll sweep your weight/bait back to the bank. :cool2:

10. kansas_catman_16

State:
    Kansas
    why you think i was fishing frrom the bridge :tounge_out::smile2:

11. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Im surprised the law down there lets you fish from the bridge. Shelby maybe we should try fishing from the 435 bridge. LOL !!! :smile2: We'd have to have some of those big tuna reels that hold 1000 yds of line. :smile2:

12. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    When they are biting there will be anwhere between 20-30 people fishin off of Lincoln St bridge. Not much room up there when its like that.:crazy::sad2::smile2:

13. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Keith,
    You may be a big boy but I still wouldn't fish off the 435 bridge! Oh and you'll probably need more than a 1000 yards of line! :smile2:

14. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    :big_smile::smile2::big_smile::smile2:

15. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    keith ill go fish off of that bridge with you. ill bring the mitchell ultra light with 6lb test!:big_smile::smile2::wink:

16. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    donnie,
    If you stand on the other side of Keith you should be fine. :smile2::smile2: Although you wouldn't catch me standing on the bridge with cars flying by about 80mph. LOL

17. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas

lol try walking along the hiway for 3 miles with semis flying by. it sucks lol dont run out of gas!

18. kansas_catman_16

State:
    Kansas
    lol u aint lyin keith. thats y i fish the 21st bridge have it all to myself. hope i aint jynxed myself:tounge_out:

19. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    now i know where to fish:smile2: