Went fishing in the gulf this weekend

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Team StrayCats, Dec 31, 2006.

1. Team StrayCats

Team StrayCats New Member

State:
    florida
    Hows every one doing. Well yesterday on saturday the 30th dec. I went out in the gulf for some salt water fishing and since i only live 5 miles from the gulf just had to go. We got out on the water about 9:30 am and went out about 4 miles where we began fishing . in about 35 mins. Fish on,,, took me about 20 mins, to get him in and that was a 27 lb Red drum but he was way over the limit so had to let him go. Baited back up and 20 mins, later, fish on took about 10 mins, to land him and he was a 15 lb Red drum we got to keep him. Then got no more bites there in an hour or so. So we moved to a diff. spot. This time we got into a school of sea trout got around 50 of them but could not keep any of the because they was only 10 inches and they have to be 14 inches and i tryed really hard to stretch them 2 inches but wouldent go.So we went troutless for dinner. That took up most of the rest of the day so we came home.. I went out the last day of the year the 31fst for fishing to catch something else for dinner out in my river. Well this was an all GAR day we just could not catch anything but Them dam GAR. So hopefully we wont catch any more gar for 2007 its an all catfish year. LOL But we had a good time playing and having some fun in the sun..

2. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    Thanks for the story Buddy, I have never been saltwater fishin but would like to one day. It's just hard for me to break away from catfishin the Mississippi River. I'm hopin for no gar too unless I'm fishin for em! LOL!

Have a Happy New Year!!

3. Team StrayCats

Team StrayCats New Member

State:
    florida
    Well i have the luck to do both down here salt and fresh. I do more fresh then salt . any time you get down this way give a shout and i,ll take you saltwater fishing scott.

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Sounds like you had a couplee of good fights on your hands. Those drum are strong fish.