Went fishing for trout yesterday

Discussion in 'Trout Fishing' started by explayer, May 14, 2006.

1. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    Well I went trout fishing yesterday and had a blast there was me and my good fishing buddy that went to a New lake on the resevation that I had never been to it is called Point of pines on the San Carlos resevertion Caught and realese probley 30 trout and kept about 20 that were all about 13in or bigger caught them all on powerbait tried differt lures but they wern't biting them so we stuck to powerbait Had a great time.

I did see a lot of wildlfe in this area Seen Sow black bear with two cubs. 4 cow elk, 3 whitetail deer, 4 truckeys

2. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Cool on catching and having fun but I am wondering there isnt a limit there? here its 5 per person per day 5 in posession and some streams are only at 2. I went trout fishing wed and we slaughtered them came home with a nice catch most were in the 16 to 19 inch range bows. Cant wait till I get to go again going to see if I can get me some more 5 to 8 pound bows next week.

3. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    there is 10 per person that pays the 7.00 for the reservation permit 5 per child I froget to metioned that we had 4 kids with us

4. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    ahh cool
    I bet them kids had a blast! I remember when there was a 10 fish limit here but it has shrunk over the years. but thats fine with the wife and I catching a limit each thats a lot of fish for us good 5 or 6 meals more if we run into some 5 pounders or so. Nothing like a nice fresh caught bow thats for sure.

5. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    yea i like to release alot of trout anyways after getting the freezer full of a bag or to of trout. they add up fast if you bring home 2 or 3 after every trip. glad you had a good time.