Went deer hunting this morning..

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by kycatman01, Sep 7, 2009.

1. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    My son and I went out with our bows this morning. We seen (2) squirrels and no deer. We had a good time, though. Only thing is that my son got alot of very small ticks. Has anyone else had trouble with ticks?

2. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    i have seen more ticks this year in KY then i have ever seen before....sense turkey season they have been bad

3. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Glad to see you and your son had a good time out hunting. Nothing better than getting out with your kids hunting when they are just starting out. Your have a lot of memories coming.

Tom

4. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Yes, I have already had some nice memories with him and my other kids. He was with me when I took my 10 pointer in 2007. Man, that was one of the best days of my life. Not because of the great deer, but because he shared that day with me. It was great!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. whiteriver

whiteriver New Member

State:
    in
    The Harbor Master and I took our 3 YO grandson to our pond Sunday afternoon and when we got back it took her 45 minutes to pick all the tiny, tiny ticks off him. I do not believe I have ever seen ticks that small. She was using a magnifying glass to find them.

6. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    those are seed ticks. they are bad out here in the panhandle, and we don't even have trees! i found a bug repellent that the deer here don't seem to mind- cutter advanced. i have purposefully got upwind of deer to test it and they don't seem to mind it at all. might not work out there, but it's worth a shot, given all the diseases and all ticks can carry.

7. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Yes, ticks are very dangerous if not taken off the skin very quickly. I went and bought some spray & I will be using it from now on. Thanks for your replies, guys!!

8. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    They've been bad up here too. Turkey season was the worst Ive seen in years. I wonder if they run in cycles or something? Anyway, glad to see ya gettin out with the little ones and good luck. Any hunt with a kid is a good one.

9. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    Darn Chiggers about ate me up cleaning up some trailes in the woods last week and then again on Saturday Dove Hunting. Got to remember to Spray my pants with Off. A bottle always stays in my truck. I just got to be smarter about remembering to use it.:confused2:

10. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    earlier in the year i had a tick embed in my belly button while catching bait found it that night pulled it out and a few days later i broke in one helluva rash from pics ive seen looked like lyme disease doc said it wasnt .she said they got be there for 2 days to transmit it took about 2 months for it to heal and 2 rounds anti biotics so it gave me something