Went Crappie fishing today and.....

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by lawnman61, Mar 8, 2008.

1. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    The wife and my daughter and I went fishing for crappie today but all we ended up with was a Large mouth Bass. Crappie just weren't biting.
    The wife likes to use her Mitchell 300X reel to catch fish. She was the only one that caught a fish today and she caught it on a minnow.
    This was caught at Cedar Hill State Park, also called Joe Pool Lake in Texas.
    This is her first fish of the year and she was pretty proud of it. My daughter helped reel it in.
    :big_smile::wink:

100_3066.jpg

100_3067.jpg

100_3069.jpg

2. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Congrats to your wife on her catch. Even though the crappie werent biting you had some quality family time together, that means alot. rspd507

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Thanks for the report Al! :big_smile: Congrats to your wife on catching her 1st fish of 2008! :cool2:

4. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    As you notice it is her holding the Ba$$ not me, I'm waiting for the cats to bite. lol
    :big_smile:

5. orion_xxvx

orion_xxvx New Member

State:
    North Central Missouri
    Bass are what annoy me most about fishing for crappie. Seems like youll catch 30 of those stinkers for any 5 crappie. I just wish theyd go away.

6. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Where is all your snow???? I did not see any in that picture. LOL

7. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    QUOTE=oh no;954430]Where is all your snow???? I did not see any in that picture. LOL[/QUOTE]

Our snow never lasts long around here, it snows 3 inches and gone by the next day.
    :wink::big_smile:

8. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Our snow never lasts long around here, it snows 3 inches and gone by the next day.
    :wink::big_smile:[/quote]

Al,
    We have more than enough snow here. We can send you some if you would like. We got somewhere between 12 to 15 inches, but its melting quickly. Better get your order in if want some...lol rspd507

9. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Al,
    We have more than enough snow here. We can send you some if you would like. We got somewhere between 12 to 15 inches, but its melting quickly. Better get your order in if want some...lol rspd507[/QUOTE]

I think I'll let you keep it this time...lol I need to get started on my lawncare for the year. I've already been out mowing yards last Friday and I got 25 more to do next week.

:wink::big_smile:

10. bobs bait

bobs bait New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i went a week ago to high rock lake in nc had a guy show me how to free line troll we caught about 50 brought home 32 largest was 2 .2 lbs they tasted great bob