Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after getting skunked last night I was pretty upset I hadn't caught a fish. I went and got some shad today and went back down there determined to catch the damn fish. I was down there for a while, and had sat there for quite a while. So when I get bored I usually take a pole and start jigging it around a little bit. WHAM!!! I had a bite and this time it wasn't getting away. I pulled it up and it was the biggest flat I have ever caught. 30 lb flat. The pictures don't do it justice. It is hard to get people to fish so I didn't get my picture taken with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
So after getting skunked last night I was pretty upset I hadn't caught a fish. I went and got some shad today and went back down there determined to catch the damn fish. I was down there for a while, and had sat there for quite a while. So when I get bored I usually take a pole and start jigging it around a little bit. WHAM!!! I had a bite and this time it wasn't getting away. I pulled it up and it was the biggest flat I have ever caught. 30 lb flat. The pictures don't do it justice. It is hard to get people to fish so I didn't get my picture taken with it.
First off, congrats on that hawg! :highfive: I got a big ole smile on my face when I got that text saying you brought up a 30 lber.

Sorry I couldn't be there...I really though I finally had a decent afternoon/evening to fish with you, but when work calls, I gotta do what it takes to keep my job :dont-know:

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh yeah I forgot to mention something. I caught this fish at 4:45 PM. This is the first time I have caught a flathead before 9 PM. I was experimenting with a new rig and new methods. I may be onto something.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.