went and half footed winterized the boat today

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by roadkill636, Oct 12, 2009.

1. roadkill636

roadkill636 New Member

State:
    warrenton misso
    went ahead and winterized my boat today, added a bunch of stabil and ran the fuel thru the hose to the motor" I have an electric fuel pump at the tank" and ran it for about 30 minnets to get it into the bowls. tilted the motor up and down a few times and tarped it up pretty good.

see ya in a few months boat:cry:

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    check that lower unit and make sure there is no water in it.

3. roadkill636

roadkill636 New Member

State:
    warrenton misso
    checked the lu about a month ago, but yout right who knows if there is a few yards of someones 45# test line wraped up and arround the shaft seal and let water in:angry:

4. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I have never winterized my boats. I fish all year round so they are used enough to keep everything working. You are right about checking the lower unit though. Prolly should check it 2 or 3 times during the winter but of course I dont do it that often. The reason I fish all year around is I think the winter fishing is better than the summer fishing.

5. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I must confess, I have never checked my lower unit since I bought the motor. I tried, after the first couple of times out, but the plug's head stripped & I have never been able to remove it. I can only assume everything is OK as it still runs fine.

Now, before you all jump all over me, be aware that I bought the motor in 1985. It has out lasted 2 boats & is on it's third. Believe me, if there has ever been any water that made it's way into there, I would have known by now.