Wells creek (by steam plant)

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by bdporch, Aug 4, 2008.

1. bdporch

bdporch New Member

State:
    tennessee
    ok fished wells creek sunday morning from 5am till 1pm, caught 17 bass, ( what i went 4) lol but actually caught 4 sauger on a bleeding shad rattle trap. saw couple guys who went to rock quarry and they had some nice cats, caught em on skipjack. Skippys are thick in wells creek sunday after schooling small shad. I dont like atching skipjacks and freezing em, just dont think they work as well as fresh cut or live. thought evryone in cumberland city and surrounding area would like to know the skips are there they just up in the creek. Also does anyone know exactly how deep the quarry is? Guy i went with finder only read 220 ft. was bottomed out for a longwayz across. any info would be appreciated thanx. Ya whistler hoping you would know how deep the quarry is??? Seems like you a walking volume of fishing knowledge round CC. Thank agin.

2. gatortail

gatortail New Member

State:
    tennessee
    ive surveyed the gorge at its deepest is343 at the farthest end its had 11 termoclines the coldest 41 degrees 11ft off the bottom.if u would like i may be able to get pictures through the companies geo dept and post it or pm it to ya.I know ther was 40yrs reserve there but the mineing stopped do to the steam plant infostructure.the rock form is chattanoga shell.which is a worthless rock but it hold alot of cailcium thats why fish hord the place minnows love it.And the spot and i do mean spot that is 343 is an area thats about 55ft round it was a water hole used for dust control.hope this helps gator

3. nagman

nagman New Member

State:
    tenn
    can you help me out which steam plant are you talking about? and where is wells creek? thanks

4. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    To tell the truth, I don't know where it is. Help me out and I'll see what I can find out.

5. bdporch

bdporch New Member

State:
    tennessee

wells creek cumerbland city steam plant, wells creek right up the way from the steam plant.

6. bdporch

bdporch New Member

State:
    tennessee
    ok whistler wells creek is the creek where the boat dock is. go left ur in wells creek. the quarry is up stream second small stream to the left.

7. ibmeubu

ibmeubu New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    bdporch, I noticed you were from Dover ,I have a couple of friends over there that does a lot of crappie fishing and does a little catfishing . Gene Bellar and Ronnie Wallace.. i worked at Cumberland for 28 years

8. gatortail

gatortail New Member

State:
    tennessee
    levi simpson bought that operation and closed it down for future mineing iwill have the complete history soon